Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

I just bought some of the EBC pads & rotors for my truck & was wondering what you guys think about t4he clips that are on it. to back up, the guy @ the parts store had a hard time finding the "right" pads for this because its a 2x4, 3/4T, Auto truck, but it has the 88,000 GVW. he did find that there were two choices, & when you look @ the pads they are identical except for the clips on the "piston" side. the ones I pulled out of the truck have 2 clips that center the pad in the piston & the other one has one clip that shoves the pad up into the top of the caliper.

My apprehention is that by using the one that shoves it up into the top of the caliper that it will bind on the top of the caliper as it moves out. however.................... :confused013:

Am I overthinking this??

here is what Im talking about.

& just cause.....

thanks.

Bob

·
Registered
56,907 Posts
I don't really see a problem there Bob as the in board pad will still be located with the single clip. Put that stuff together and put some miles on it!!

·
Registered
16,639 Posts
I disagree. That clip won't positively locate the inboard pad and it will rattle around inside the caliper housing. It'll rattle when you hit bumps unless your foot is on the brakes. It will probably drive you nuts........like the mopars of old when the spindle would wear and the pads would flop around and ratlle endlessly. It also looks to me (but it may be the angle of the picture) that there is a little less brake pad material on the inboard pad.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I disagree. That clip won't positively locate the inboard pad and it will rattle around inside the caliper housing. It'll rattle when you hit bumps unless your foot is on the brakes. It will probably drive you nuts........like the mopars of old when the spindle would wear and the pads would flop around and ratlle endlessly.
I know this all to we'll.

Andrew

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
with the pads that have the 2 clips, they center the pad & keep it tight into the piston. with the pads that have one clip, they shove the pad up to the top of the caliper. Here is what Im talking about.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

in this picture you can see that it shoves it up hard enough that it scraped the rust off of the top of the caliper (black circles).
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

here is what it looks like from up top. it all fits in nice & snug (too snug for my liking), but it just does not seem like it will work right shoved up against the top of the caliper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts