Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a friend with a 98 Durango, 318 engine. Went to fire it up to go to work and no start. Lots of fuel, getting spark to the distributor but nothing to the plugs. Replaced the cap and rotor, checked all the connections and grounds, no codes thrown on the scanner. Still dead in the water. Any ideas, cause I'm fresh out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
New guy here but worked for Chrysler for 20 years so keep the flames at bay.
If you have spark the crank sensor is working and the asd relay is switched on powering the fuel pump.
The cam sensor in the distributor is only a reference when to fire the injectors.
Sugestions are as follows,poss timing chain,or I even seen the roll pin shear on the distributor gear. Check and see if the rotor is ok,I have seen the spot weld snap in the distributor and it end up 90 degrees or so off.grab it and twist hard.the coils crack if it is the molded plastic type,the replacements were unmolded around the mouting area. If the spark is erratic then you may have a input/crank sensor problem.make sure the wires to the crank sensor behind the bell are not chaffed.Good luck hope I helped.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I will get him to check that. The rotor and cap are new so we will look at that first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts