Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For any of you guys who own or service them...

I see the Benz specs for the oil (228.3, 228.5, 229.3, and 229.5)...there's an obscure Mobil 1 product for these things, but I'm wondering if something like the new Delo 400 (CJ-spec) will work?

The Dodge dealers around here are clueless as hell about these things, it's really depressing. Thanks...

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Tomarrow i'll call one of my friends at FedEx and ask him what they use. I can't remember what oil we used to put in those things. I do remember that there was a special fluid for the trans and that it was very expensive, as is everything on a sprinter.

·
Grandpa
6,479 Posts
I work at a Dodge /Sprinter dealership in truck parts. We put Mobil1 0w40 in up to 2006. 2007 and newer takes a new Mobil1 5w30 esp oil. we have had a few fleet guys put different oil in "oh its a diesel so I'll put 15w40 bulk oil in it just like the Cummins" shit. Dont do that or you will have issues for sure.I will also ask a tech tomorrow and see what he says.

·
Wearing my WWII helmet
19,489 Posts
One of the ugliest vans ever produced.

·
Registered
19,785 Posts
I work for a fleet company that services DHL , our sprinters we do use 15/40 bulk diesel oil as per DHL, cheap fucks so far nothing engine related however every other thing has gone to shit, and trans fluid is mopar # and is like $14 a qt

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
...we have had a few fleet guys put different oil in "oh its a diesel so I'll put 15w40 bulk oil in it just like the Cummins" shit. Dont do that or you will have issues for sure.I will also ask a tech tomorrow and see what he says.
That's actually pretty funny. Wait till Dodge gets to warranty that $18K longblock, dipshits. Oil is oil, right? LOL...

We've had a rash of fleet customers buying these...just want to see what's working for you guys and what's not. I suppose there's a Benz-specific fluid for the transmissions on these as well.

Mobil 1 has a product that works with the M-B specs, but it's retarded expensive:
http://www.mobil.com/USA-English/Lubes/PDS/GLXXENPVLMOMobil1_ESP_Formula_M_5W-40.asp

Good grief, why can't GM just build a tall Express van so we can be done with these turds? The payload on them sucks, and I can get in a Sprinter 3500 and have it rocking side to side worse than a damn Ford Ranger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts