Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 with 5.7 Hemi now has a check engine light on after the pipes were welded in to replace the stolen caytalic convertors. Is there a problem or can the computer just not read what is going on? Any advise would help don't want to tear anything up. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Its telling you you need to weld another set of cats back in. And move... LOL

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Yep, I bet the codes are catalytic convertor efficiency codes. Probably have to install new convertors or see if someone in te aftermarket can reprogram computer for the missing cats, but then it wouldn't be street legal. Not that it is now.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Was the o2's put back in the truck,If they were,go to your local parts store and get some spark plug non foulers.18MM is the size.try doing 1 but some of them trucks need 2 per side.We have several in our group that has the 04-07 hemi trucks and all dont have cat's.You can do this mod or buy a diablo tuner and disable the o2's and not have no problems.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Carolina auto parts has universal cats for 90 bucks. We got hit for 4 cats and used their replacements with no problems.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
a bit off topic here , but i have a 1988 c1500 truck with a tbi 350 and i want to know will it give it anymore power if i remove the huge cat , how do i know if its clogged

·
Registered
333 Posts
a bit off topic here , but i have a 1988 c1500 truck with a tbi 350 and i want to know will it give it anymore power if i remove the huge cat , how do i know if its clogged
YES IT WILL GIVE IT MORE POWER AND A LITTLE BETTER GAS MILEAGE

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Was the o2's put back in the truck,If they were,go to your local parts store and get some spark plug non foulers.18MM is the size.try doing 1 but some of them trucks need 2 per side.We have several in our group that has the 04-07 hemi trucks and all dont have cat's.You can do this mod or buy a diablo tuner and disable the o2's and not have no problems.
Thanks guys. Go EKU!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Just a tip when you do the non coulees pack them with steel wool. It will eliminate alot ofthe problems and ensure no light. I have also seen them work by wrapping the sensor with tin foil and tucking it up in the heat shield under the truck. A word aginst doable, yes you can disable the rear O2 sensors but they will be in a not ready state. And it will fail emissions this way. So if emissions are an issue try the aforementioned tricks.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Put some cats back on and be done with it. There is no reason to run without them. Maybe your insurance will pay for new ones.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts