Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible for a dealer to take a Bully dog tune out of truck while in their shop?

My Dodge seemed underpowered and when it was in the dealer a few weeks ago they did some code clearing emissions recall bullshyt. I loaded the tuner back in and it runs a ton better.

Am I imagining things or could this have happened?

·
thread killer
4,075 Posts
We have an 07 duramax that went in for an emissions recall and I swear they took a hundred horse out of the motor. The exhaust went from smelling like buttered popcorn to a really foul sulfur smell. So yes it will absolutely overwrite the tune.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
And if it's an older Dodge (2006) you will have the latest flash that turns the wts light on and puts the truck in limp mode if anything is amok with the rail pressure. My son in law took his in to get the valves lashed, they reflashed his pcm and took his custom 500 dollar tunes out and never did lash the valves. After that, everytime he laid the whip to it it would turn the light on and limp home. It's doing it permanently now, so he has to take it in so they can sell him some new injectors.

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2007 with a 5.9. My engine light did come on but the Bully Dog shut it off. I'm gonna be pissed if I have troubles now from it. I keep it on economy and it's just enough to give it some pep and not blow shit up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts