Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted awhile back about my sister looking at Focus's and G6's for her new car. She decided on a Focus and was into the buying process when the Ford dealership made her mad so she left. Now she has decided that she wants a 2010 Dodge Avenger. I have never dealt with Dodge but have not heard great things about it. Do any of you have any experience with the Avengers?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
We use them in our rental fleet. We've used them for several years now and have never had any issues with them. We buy them as program cars when they have around 8-12k miles and rent them out usually for a year until they have around 60k miles and then sell them and buy a new fleet. And as you know the public is pretty hard on rental cars so they take some abuse. I think we are on our 3rd or 4th batch of Avengers and Sebrings and like I said we haven't had any issues. They are just basic mid size cars, nothing special or fancy about them but the quality is as good as any other.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Wife has a 2008 Sebring (Chryslers version of the Avenger) and like stated above it is just a decent, midsized, inexpensive car that does what it was intended to do and gets great gas mileage! Hers has the 2.4L with the dual overhead cams and she averages over 20 MPG around town and last year on our trip to Indy we got 35 MPG!!!
I have read that the quality of the Avenger was better than the Sebring also, but I have no hard proof.

·
Registered
22,513 Posts
My mom has one, and the only problem she had was the shifter breaking on it. The lockout mech broke.

Other than that they are good mechanically, but look plasticy inside more than most new cars.

They also don't get as good of fuel mileage as the G6 3500 V6 motors...

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I work in the Automotive Parts Business and just about an hour ago, I priced a whole exhaust system for a 2001 Avenger 3.0 V6, over $900.00 wholesale....I say go back to a Ford dealer and get the Focus

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Stay away from the Avenger. One of my employees is trying to Lemon Law his. I had a Focus for about 1 year as a work car and had no problems.Liked it a lot. I would buy a Focus if the price is right. But if given a choice I would get the G6 with a V6.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Stay away from the Avenger. One of my employees is trying to Lemon Law his. I had a Focus for about 1 year as a work car and had no problems.Liked it a lot. I would buy a Focus if the price is right. But if given a choice I would get the G6 with a V6.

Every manufacturer of vehicles has tons of lemons every year. There is going to be a bad one here and there no matter what, just sayin.

·
Registered
22,513 Posts
Every manufacturer of vehicles has tons of lemons every year. There is going to be a bad one here and there no matter what, just sayin.
Yep...My V6 G6 has a rod knocking @ 106k miles.

IDK why, kept oil changed. All miles are highway. Ran Synthetic Valvoline or Castrol every time.

Talked to a few chevy techs and they all say they never seen any issues with that motor, other than the intake gasket leak that hasn't been improved upon in 15 years.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
I work in the Automotive Parts Business and just about an hour ago, I priced a whole exhaust system for a 2001 Avenger 3.0 V6, over $900.00 wholesale....I say go back to a Ford dealer and get the Focus
Well.....The car is 10 years old...probably been threw several owners too!!! Just sayin!!:confused:

·
Registered
270 Posts
We have one at the shop I work at;2008,42k.Hole in the front of the block,hole in the rear of the block;no bullshit.

They just had the oil changed at the dealer December 19th;THANK GOD we didnt do it.Why the fuck they had it towed to us is beyond me.

Customer is waiting on the dealer to see if they will warranty the job.Dodge told the customer they better have all the maitanence records;the customer does,and EVERYTHING was done by the dealer.

We`ll see what happens.

·
Registered
205 Posts
If fords are so cheap to work on, why was the exhaust on my Aerostar $1200.00 It was 4 years old when if fell off. That van was a pile of SHIT....

·
Registered
348 Posts
Not a huge fan of Avengers. My wife bought a 2008 SXT in July of 2007 just before we started dating. It has 65k miles on it now, and the 2.7-liter V6 uses oil. Right around a quart every 1,200-1,500 miles. That's annoying. Been doing it since about 40k miles....just after the warranty expired. It doesn't smoke and it doesn't leak, though, so I'm not quite sure where it's going. The lockout mechanism broke on the shifter at 55k miles, which left her stranded in Park. Luckily I googled it and found a way to get it home without calling a tow truck. It also has a clunky/loose feeling in the front end. I would not suggest the Avenger.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts