Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, have a 94 Dodge 2500HD ram 8800#. Replaced the track bar. now the steering wheel is 90* off and the front Diff. jumped a few inches to the right after a hard wobbling when I hit a bump @ 35 - 40 mph.
No mods. all stock. New ball joints, tie rod ends and alignment by local shop. I replaced the track bar to save a little $. This is all for state insp. track bar appeared the same length.
What gives?? thanks.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Not unusual for steering wheel to be off. You can center the wheel with the tie rod sleeve closest to the pitman arm. Weird that you got the death wobble after a new trac bar. Make sure you have the right trac bar, 94 is different than 95 and up. The taper at the frame end is smaller.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, found that out when on the first one the frame end was different. this one had the right end but, I think it's longer ? maybe.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
We just did a major front end repair on one of these that was " jumped " and folded the housing . We removed the front housing and removed the axle tubes , machined new tubes in the lathe and corrected the caster and camber . deleted the disconnect and installed a one piece moser on the pass side . I also installed the inboard knuckles at 15 degrees caster before rewelding them to the tube . When all done the truck drives like a dream with 39 inch TSL Boggers on it .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts