Yellow Bullet Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
7.86 @ 8800DA 3365lb 275s
4,502 Posts
I don't mean to highjack this thread....but hate to start a new one for this question so I hope you all don't mind. My question..... I wasn't aware of the 25.1F. I've got a 25.1E almost done and wondering is there any changes. Probably not, but now is a lot better time to find out.:(
no, there were no changes other than the addition of the docol r8 tubing to the spec. that is what the lady from SFI told me and said if you want to use the docol r8 tube just use the same specs as moly, and said there was no need to buy a new book.

·
Registered
11,729 Posts
no, there were no changes other than the addition of the docol r8 tubing to the spec. that is what the lady from SFI told me and said if you want to use the docol r8 tube just use the same specs as moly, and said there was no need to buy a new book.
Thanks Justin, that's what I figured. I'll be honest....I can't remember a single change since the first 25.1A. Just wanting to be sure now...than to find out different later.:(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
I was researching an alternative to 4130 tubing for homebuilt aircraft use,
and in Germany they use a steel grade called 1.7734.4 or 15CDV6 for high strength welded steel parts.
This steel apparently costs 4 to 5 times what we pay for 4130 tubing in the US.:-damnit
So I found the link to Docol R8 here on the yellow bullet forum.
Does anyone on this forum have any experience with the actual as-welded strength of this material in the weld joint?

Regarding the price of Docol,I found this link http://www.associated-its.com/upload/AED Order Confirmation.pdf

Apparently the wholesale price for 1.625 by .083 Docol tube
is only $9.09 per meter($2.77 per foot).Looks like
AED is marking it up to $6.80 per foot as per Badsnotch363.
Anyway, I'm trying to say that the Docol tubing should probably be cheaper than 4130 and that a whole bunch of industries would benefit if a critical mass of users would switch over to this newer product.
Regards,
Tom

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello
If you look closely on the document you see that it has not AED as a buyer, the prices you see are internal prices between companies in SSAB. They have to be there for tax reasons. The price AED pays is most likely something else.
Regards
Fredrik

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.