Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't sweep without one now.
I was just sweeping up the plastic remnants from a nail gun and started without a mask.
I could tell dust was getting stirred up and put one on.

My middle name is OCD....

·
Smart Ass Conservative
100,803 Posts
Yes , I wouldn't want to be seen doing women's work

·
Registered
8,314 Posts
I only wear one for asbestos work and spraying poison.

Sometimes when you've been doing shit like grinding or whatever and you blow your nose afterwards and see how much shit you must be inhaling down your lungs it makes you think you should wear one more.

·
T/S 368E
26,852 Posts

This is a great thread!!
I have 35% lung damage/scarring and I have never taken a single puff in my life!!!
Being in the US Navy enlisted twice, remodeling houses, racecars for many decades with no mask and now I'm on 2 inhalers & a pill for breathing issues.
When the VA stuck me in the box for lung capacity testing, the tech had to drag me out because he thought I was about to stroke out!!!

DOn't jack around with your lungs!!!

ALSO, wear gloves when using the parts washer, another idiotic thing I didn't do for many decades!!!

·
Beyond old
3,564 Posts
I use a sweeping compound. It helps a lot w/ dust control.
When the shop gets really nasty, the doors come open, I put on my paint respirator, and grab the leaf blower.
I don't have breathing issues. When I was much younger, I learned to breathe thru my ears. ;)

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I only wear one for asbestos work and spraying poison.

Sometimes when you've been doing shit like grinding or whatever and you blow your nose afterwards and see how much shit you must be inhaling down your lungs it makes you think you should wear one more.

Trophy boogers!......:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
Never have but have considered it when I clean out my storage barn. My biggest thing is they make my glasses steam up.

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
I wear a mask for ANY activity that involves dust...... Sanding, grinding, cutting wood, sweeping and even lawn cutting. After a fight with pneumonia 18 years ago that almost killed me I value my respiratory system and a mask (approved for the task) is a very inexpensive product compared to a hospital stay and loss of work.
Cleaning out or disturbing areas that have rodent or bat shit will make you deathly ill so go overboard on the mask selection.

Want to see what a dusty environment does to a person?........ Just ask ANY 65 year old auto body mechanic, "IF" you can find one.

Don’t mess around with your health! PROTECT every part of your body with the proper safety product.

·
time to go racing yet ?
31,587 Posts
Yes, pretty much wear some type of respirator all the time when doing anything that will make dust, sweeping, grinding, cutting wood.....I wear a adflo welding hood most of the time I'm welding, if not a mask

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
WHAT?
Oh wait, I thought this was for ear plugs.
I wear a resperator (with the correct cartridges), eye protection, rubber gloves and sun screen when needed, and make my employees do the same. Home builder for 40 years, too many close calls with saws, nail guns, grinders, etc. to even think about.

·
Registered
22,326 Posts
Non-toxic particle mask box's in house, garage and work vehicle... Springtime pollen that blankets turns every surface snot yellow time is just around the corner.

Didn't bother w mask on yesterday when sweeping out garage and entry sidewalk and noted little dust clouds...not enough to irritate this time.

Always try to wear mask & safety glasses with yard & garage work FWIW Was seemingly indestructible when younger, now not so much ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts