Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Setup will be blow through Procharger carb with Hex drive pump. So the only electrical components will be ignition (MSD 7531 and HVC coil), water pump and electrical gauges. Race car only. Will tie and pull back, but there is a few races we go to that we need to drive back.
I am thinking there is no need for an alternator for this combo. An I right?
Thanks

·
Registered
658 Posts
99.6% of the time we're all taking some power out at some point, so why not give that lame ass ignition se-up all the voltage in can have to make sure it's lit properly?
Been running an alternator on a procharged PM with CNP, voltage still drops slightly on the racepak on pass, maybe .3-.5v

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Always.....Learned long ago, the drop made the car inconsistent.....Building a procharger engine this year, and it will have a 140amp alternator. The 100a works good until I put the headlights on at night, and then I see at least a 1vdc drop at idle.....The big Magnafuel 500 and electric fans eat most of the juice though.

·
Registered
752 Posts
PowerMaster hooked me up with a 150amp 1 wire alternator that’s partially mounted off the motor plate and then the other half to a custom bracket coming off the frame rail.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Dual batteries, or a 10lb alternator......I go with the alternator every time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts