Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering whatever became of a study buddy I had in college in the 1990s recently. When I knew her, she was about 30, recently divorced and had a couple of young kids. After the classes we had together, we kept in loose contact for a couple years but eventually we drifted apart. She crossed my mind once in a while whenever I would drive though her old neighborhood or by her old place of work.

A quick Google search found an obituary - she passed in April of 2014. Damn. The obit didn't specify how she had died, so I Googled some more. It turns out she drowned in her home's swimming pool. Wow, that's a shock. When she and I studied, we would do so at her house, and she had a pool. More than once we studied in and around the pool (yeah, yeah - I know! :cool:). She was a good swimmer. I seem to recall she told me she was on the swim team at her HS, but shit can happen, I guess.

There were dozens more articles on her, though, because apparently what at first appeared to be an accidental drowning, was later ruled to be a homicide, and the suspected murderer one her sons because insurance and inheritance was mentioned as a motive. There hasn't been enough evidence to arrest him to this point (the case is still cold), but a wrongful death lawsuit was filed against him in 2015 by the deceased's husband (she had remarried). I haven't dug deep enough to know how that turned out, yet.

This got me thinking about several other people I have known who have been murdered: a couple girls I went to HS with, a guy I used to race with, a girl I used to work with, and a few others. I even know a couple people who have murdered.

What about you? Know anyone who has been murdered? Know any murderers...? :unsure:

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Guy I kinda grew up with (went to school with both his younger bros and was friends with both) turned out to be a murderer. Killed a few people.

·
Regulator
36,517 Posts
DID You Know!!!

Yes Five of them! Two at the same time!!

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
know of 2 who are doing time for murder but they pled not guilty at the hearing, court found other wise. Another one is still awaiting trial but he has been doing that for over 10 years now. depending on covid they may finally try the case this year

·
Registered
1,044 Posts

·
Registered
10,318 Posts
My Buddies Daughter at 21 yo, One of my old Girlfriends Daughter at 18 yo
(both murdered by their boyfriends)

My Grandmothers Brother was murdered by a deputy sheriff in 1909 (personal dispute)

·
Registered
691 Posts
The guy that recruited me for college and got me my scholarship murdered two of his students (knew both of them). The profesor recently died in prison.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
In college my then girlfriend had a neighbor that killed her husband by bashing his head in with a cast iron skillet. Always knew she wasn’t all there. Crazy eyes. They would have raging, screaming fights sometimes. I called it when I said one of them will end up killing the other.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
In 93 I was in high school. A buddy of mine was at his girlfriends place. I knew them all. They were hanging in the basement about to start a fire in the fireplace. His girlfriends brother somehow snapped and killed one of the friends there with a hatchet. Just kept chopping at his chest. Buddy said the scene was absolutely horrific.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I was classmates with an elementary school teacher who was shot and killed during Sandy Hook.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yes, friend, she was cut up by boy friend who was drug addict. He jumped off parking garage two days later. The only good thing was they think he alive for 6-7 hours after jumping laying in the alley before he died.

·
Registered
21,140 Posts
Neighbor girl I grew up with was murdered in Seattle in 1986. Another classmate murdered in the 1990’s. Coworker bludgeoned to death while sleeping around 2000.

·
Satans Daddy
17,164 Posts
B-I-L in the 70's caught his wife, my sister with another guy, unloaded both barrels 00 buck into his gut from 10 ft.

·
Registered
8,316 Posts
One dude we used to party with was shot by the cops for attempted kidnapping, another dude we always tried to avoid while partying got the needle at the penitentiary for murdering a farmer in front of his kids.

·
Satans Daddy
17,164 Posts
My cousin was attacked, blindsided one night at a bar, he was talking to a girl and her jealous bf came up and assaulted Sean, Sean quickly put him in his place and the jealous bf was removed, later on, Sean was jumped by the guy and an accomplice and was later found not guilty.

·
Registered
514 Posts
When selling my business a husband and wife were very interested. She wanted him to buy it for their son. He just wanted to try to lowball me. I stood my ground. They went home to discuss. He shot her. No idea if it was argument over the sale. Now in prison.

1 - 20 of 152 Posts