Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started to assemble my short block today. I was just buttoning it up for the day and decided to put my oil pan on it with a couple bolts just for storage. the oil pan moroso part number 21239 wont clear my oil pump pick up. Now i bought the oil pump and pickup up already welded from moroso that they said will fit this pan. PArt number for the pump is 22139.

Its really not even that close to fitting, are they gonna tell me to trim the windage tray?? i dont believe they sent me the wrong pump because it matches the picture online and in their catalog.

any help would be great

thank you
Billy

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Rule no. 1 If it fits the first time with no mods, it's probably the wrong part. Nothing in this sport fits without fine tuning, grinding welding or polishing.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rule no. 1 If it fits the first time with no mods, it's probably the wrong part. Nothing in this sport fits without fine tuning, grinding welding or polishing.
I feel that if you buy a matched set, it should fit, there should be no trimming. If there needs to be trimming it should say it in the directions.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Oooopss.. Maybe it was a mistake for me and not look at your combinations, my experience with Moroso part is that you have always modify the parts but if there is a possibility that they will not fit, you have received the wrong parts regardless of party number or picture. :)

·
Registered
917 Posts
Just bought a new pan and maching pickup ...... depending on the pump and pickup there is an * next to mine and sayes you have to modify the windage. not a big deal. snip snip, grind grind, clean clean.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just bought a new pan and maching pickup ...... depending on the pump and pickup there is an * next to mine and sayes you have to modify the windage. not a big deal. snip snip, grind grind, clean clean.

Yeah i know its not a big deal, i just didn't know if maybe somehow i was missing something or got the wrong part. It was the weekend so i couldn't call them thanks for the info

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
ok so i just wanted to post an update to everyone. after i talked to jim at moroso he advised me to trim the windage screen. no big deal i did that. Then i went to fit it and then it hit the bottom lip of the pan. Here are the pics

So after i found that out i called jim back up and sent him those pics. He then fitted one at their shop, to find out that my pics were accurate. I guess i was the first guy ever to try this combo. What jim told me was my options was that i could either send them back my pan and have them modify it, ( i can't just cut out where the greese is because it would render the trap doors useless) Or they can make me a custom oil pump for the application. I'm gonna have them make me a new pump and pick-up. I Just wanted to let everyone know, if you are thinking of this combo with any of the sbc eliminator pans it wont work. they weren't sure wheather or not if the new pump and pickup is gonna go into production, but it will be an option to anyone who calls. this is only a problem with the 3/4" inlet pick-ups the 5/8" work fine. atleast they know now that there is an issue there. I gotta say that Jim at moroso has been great, kept me updated and solved the problem. Great tech support from a great company.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts