Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do they make a thick ring gear for the gm 8.5 10 bolt for use with a 2 series carrier? My brother has a 79 t/a rear end he wants to stick 3.73s in without having to use a ring gear spacer.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I believe any 8.5 gear from 2.73 to 5.13 will fit on any 8.5 carrier. I could be wrong though. I know GM 12 bolts have different series carriers but not the 8.5. I would recommend calling Strange or Moser etc. There should be a guy from Strange on here but cant remember his screen name.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe any 8.5 gear from 2.73 to 5.13 will fit on any 8.5 carrier. I could be wrong though. I know GM 12 bolts have different series carriers but not the 8.5. I would recommend calling Strange or Moser etc. There should be a guy from Strange on here but cant remember his screen name.
  1. Yea, I wish it was a 2.73 and up carrier. You definitely have that right about using any gear with the 2.73 and up. This is a 2 series 2.41 to 2.56 posi unit.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I wasnt aware those were different. Learn something new every day. I'd contact Strange and see what your options are

1 - 4 of 4 Posts