Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
take a new one out of a box and look at it, imagine a bluish line halfway on the strap. before the bend, then the rest of the plug should look like it came out of the box........Thats what most on here will call a good plug.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
and autolites read different than ngk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ngk 10s plugs and gaped at 20...... plugs look very good on the first pass and the second is ok. but the third pass, it gets a little ugly. this is with 2 foggers. car sounds good and runs good

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:confused:yea......what he said. my first pass look something like that but by the time i get to the 3rd pass, they are a little darker than that. is something wrong

·
Registered
295 Posts
as far as i can remember hearing , plugs wont clean up with more and more passes on them , you can clean them with brake cleaner and maybe a soft wire brush after every pass , even then they will get darker throughout more passes , if you want to tune properly a new set of plugs or at least certain cylinders you want to concentrate on needs new plugs

Dan

·
Registered
31,681 Posts
NO wire bush on plugs. The metal from the wires will short the plug, like a pencil line in a distributor cap.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Nice Power Mad...the motor sounds like it has loads of Trq! 60' & 1/8 ET & MPH on what n20 jets? Stall speed on the Converter & Gear Ratio and tire size? Weight race ready? Thx and good luck. Be safe.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
as far as i can remember hearing , plugs wont clean up with more and more passes on them , you can clean them with brake cleaner and maybe a soft wire brush after every pass , even then they will get darker throughout more passes , if you want to tune properly a new set of plugs or at least certain cylinders you want to concentrate on needs new plugs

Dan

i have ran plugs for 2 different weekends. if your system is right fuel pressure, timing. the plugs will always clean up..

·
Registered
13,889 Posts
Nice Power Mad...the motor sounds like it has loads of Trq! 60' & 1/8 ET & MPH on what n20 jets? Stall speed on the Converter & Gear Ratio and tire size? Weight race ready? Thx and good luck. Be safe.
THANKS .60 1.16 1/8TH 4.85 @ 148 JETS 28 #1 /30 2ND. THE SECOND CAME ON AT .8 OUT .stall is 4100 ,set at 3900.33/10.5 3000lbs as you can hear it was soft .will have update's soon on 3 sysetms.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Thx Power Mad. Your 632 seems very similar to my 665. IF the track is tight enough, and we do not have any gremlins with all the changes (tighter converter - 3900 stall, new 3.60 gear, vac pump, water / methanol injection, 2nd stage connected, data logger, etc.), it should roll. 1st stage .034N went 1.161 4.98 @ 143 1/8 7.76 @ 179, 3000#, old 3.60 gear, looser 4600 stall converter, 33 x 10.5W. I'd like to see 4.75 @ 150 1/8 on two stages (2nd stage is .034N same as 1st), but that will take a tight track. I am thinking on setting the Digiset @ .8 for 2nd stage activation. 18* on 1st stage & will try 10* on 2nd stage, both @ 5.00# FP, but with w/m injection I may have to advance the Timing 2-4* to clean up the Plugs (Autolites 3932). I hope I do not have to lean on the Launch Retard too much with the tighter converter, or the soft Rev Limit, but I'll start with 6* Launch Retard (12* total timing) and 1.0 seconds of ramp. Our track is far from the best in terms of traction.

Thanks again for the info sharing, and I will do the same. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Good info here. Now I just gotta get my plugs to look that clean on motor before I can spray it LOL

·
Registered
13,889 Posts
Thx Power Mad. Your 632 seems very similar to my 665. IF the track is tight enough, and we do not have any gremlins with all the changes (tighter converter - 3900 stall, new 3.60 gear, vac pump, water / methanol injection, 2nd stage connected, data logger, etc.), it should roll. 1st stage .034N went 1.161 4.98 @ 143 1/8 7.76 @ 179, 3000#, old 3.60 gear, looser 4600 stall converter, 33 x 10.5W. I'd like to see 4.75 @ 150 1/8 on two stages (2nd stage is .034N same as 1st), but that will take a tight track. I am thinking on setting the Digiset @ .8 for 2nd stage activation. 18* on 1st stage & will try 10* on 2nd stage, both @ 5.00# FP, but with w/m injection I may have to advance the Timing 2-4* to clean up the Plugs (Autolites 3932). I hope I do not have to lean on the Launch Retard too much with the tighter converter, or the soft Rev Limit, but I'll start with 6* Launch Retard (12* total timing) and 1.0 seconds of ramp. Our track is far from the best in terms of traction.

Thanks again for the info sharing, and I will do the same. Good luck to you.
car sounds sweet ..I wish I had a data logger and 7531 .all i got is a 7al3 ..so far !!:mad:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts