Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Bracket Racer
2,235 Posts
If you have a proper jig to make sure everything is lined up 110% correct, and you have good welding skills, I don't see how it could be too bad.

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
If you have a proper jig to make sure everything is lined up 110% correct, and you have excellent welding skills, I don't see how it could be too bad.
X2 and fixed it!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Nothing wrong with the kit but you will need very good welding skills and some fixturing.

Another option is to use junk yard parts. My rear is out of an E150 van. I shortened tubes my cutting the welds at the banjo and sliding them in and welding them on the inside of the banjo and at the original point. I still have the original tubing ends. But you MUST use a good fixture bar. It has work for me for 9 years to a best of 7.03 and 196 mph.

Just an idea. It is cheap.;)

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My original plan was to do just what you said but I'm having a heck of a time tracking down a rearend...I think all of the ovalracers around here are hoarding them???

Nothing wrong with the kit but you will need very good welding skills and some fixturing.

Another option is to use junk yard parts. My rear is out of an E150 van. I shortened tubes my cutting the welds at the banjo and sliding them in and welding them on the inside of the banjo and at the original point. I still have the original tubing ends. But you MUST use a good fixture bar. It has work for me for 9 years to a best of 7.03 and 196 mph.

Just an idea. It is cheap.;)

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
My original plan was to do just what you said but I'm having a heck of a time tracking down a rearend...I think all of the ovalracers around here are hoarding them???
You're not looking hard enough or you're looking in all the wrong places.

First off don't buy a complete rear, you'll only use the housing. They are usually on Craigslist from $50.00 - $150.00. $150.00 is too much, I never pay more than 50 bucks.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ALL I WANNA KNOW IS DO YOU REALLY DRAG RACE ON ICE?
Sure do. You can check out the website www.merrillicedrags.com

There is also some footage posted by various racers and spectators out on Youtube, some is ok and some not so much.
My buddy posted a couple videos a few years back of me but a put a bunch a music to it and I'm not a huge fan of that, I'd rather hear the car. I'll see if I can get him to post some new stuff from last season, we have some in car footage now and its fun to watch.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts