Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I kinda bought it on an impulse buy a few months back. It's a Mossberg 590A1 with the 18.5" barrel and ghost ring sights. I had visions of making it all "tactiCOOL", but the more I looked into it, the more it looked like a waste of $$$ (KISS). I bought a +2 extension (now 7+1). Still haven't shot it. Its brand new. Racked it several times to hear the cool !ShuckShuck! From what I hear, its too short to shoot skeet/trap. Local range makes you buy their shotgun ammo to shoot (indoors). I don't train with shotguns all that much. I sleep with a .45 next to my bed that I train/shoot several times a week and carry it on duty and ccw everyday. I am extremely comfortable with my pistol and would go to that for HD before my 12ga. So should I sell my Mossberg?

They will never permit us to carry our own gauges on duty. Only time I can see myself using it is in the desert to blow shit up with slugs. But I'm planning on building an AR with several different uppers including the .50BEO to handle that task.

After fees and taxes, the gun came to about $460ish. $65 for the extension. $15 for the cleaning kit. $20+ for misc shells. So $560 total. Would it be realistic to get $450-500 for all of it? If not, I might as well keep it with my Mini14 that I never shoot anymore either :(

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I think realisticaly if you know you will never shoot it, then sell it and put the money towards the AR.

·
I've Got The Cure
2,629 Posts
Most useful versatile firearm you can have..12ga smoothie.
Shoots straight to 100yrds with slugs..
Almost impossible to miss your target with buck shot.
Fairly short and light weight..
One shot stops are 98%..

I say if it is not killing the budget...
Its a Keeper!!! :smt023

·
Registered
478 Posts
Half the guns in my safe came from guys like you that decided to sell unwanted guns well below their actual value.

I say sell it... and the Mini-14... to ME. :cool:

Honestly... If I were you, I'd keep it and just build an AR to add to the collection. If you don't have the scratch right now for the AR, just wait until you do. That way you don't lose money on the guns you already own.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts