Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It says I do if I "drive in an NHRA sanctioned event" I do not I have never been asked for a NHRA Lic at my track but many people say I do need one I run TNT's and PSCA events only.

In older information I read I have seen it written as a NHRA track not event, is this a change? typo? or misconception?

From NHRA's current site:
Do I need to have a license to drive in an NHRA sanctioned event?
Competitors with a dial-in of 9.99 or quicker (4.50 to 6.39 for eight-mile) or 135 MPH or faster (excludes motorcycles) are required to have a valid NHRA Competition License and NHRA Membership. Categories requiring an NHRA Competition License are as follows but not limited to NHRA Professional categories, Top Alcohol categories, Competition Eliminator, Advanced E.T., Super Comp, Super Gas, certain Super Stock classes as defined by current NHRA rules, Super Street, Top Sportsman, Top Dragster, Snowmobile, ATV, certain Nostalgia TF, Special Fuel E.T. cars and Motorcycles. Click here to download the license and competition number form.

BTW car runs low 9's high 8's

·
Registered
601 Posts
I think I pay 60 a year or somthing for membership in IHRA...
cant think NHRA would be any differant.
just do it...

It's cool to say you have one anyway.

·
RED ROCKET
8,635 Posts
I think I pay 60 a year or somthing for membership in IHRA...
cant think NHRA would be any differant.
just do it...

It's cool to say you have one anyway.
210 i think for a 2 year license..just got my new physical today

·
T/S 368E
32,883 Posts

If you run 9.9999999999 at any REAL nhra track you must have a license.
Even if you dial 11.00, if they see a 9 pop up, they are supposed to kick you out.
Especially if you're claiming an 8 second car, you should know better and not push you luck.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
you have to have the lic for any track sanctioned by nhra some may not check but if they do you ain't racin. theres alot more safety stuff also. they get ya cause my renewal was 100 but you must be a member of nhra which is like 55 a year, but when you do it call jegs and tell them you can fax them a copy of your lic and member card and you get the racer discount the lic pays for it self every year.

·
Registered
969 Posts
More than $210 for an NHRA license. If it's a new one you have to take a physical, join NHRA, take a in car test with driver sign offs, then you can pay $210 for the license. I had a goofy EKG on my physical that required a stress test to satisfy NHRA, so after I paid my medical deductable it cost me around $1800 to just renew mine!!!

·
Registered
313 Posts
It was always my understanding to be in a points program, race bracket finals, division or national events that you were required to be an NHRA Member. License requirements did not take effect unless you competed in a class or at an ET/MPH limit that required licensing.

·
T/S 368E
32,883 Posts

You must be a member to get a license. They don't care if you never race, they just want the money.
If you go to 1 T & T a year, they require the license.
So if you don't want to pay for membership or license, build a 10.00 car and you're all set.

·
Registered
483 Posts
No one mentioned the life insurance that comes with a valid license/membership. Follow the rules or find something else to do.....

·
Registered
13,485 Posts
DETAILS,

some individual tracks that carry a NHRA sanction will want a license ..depending on actual speed.

but the real wording is .......ONLY AT A NATIONAL OR DIVISIONAL EVENT...

so, you have to ask the actual TRACK.

·
In the Beams.
21,997 Posts
HOLD ON THERE !!! 210 for the physical plus license,membership AND you will ALSO need a chassis Cert thats almost another $400 bucks , plus protective suit & gloves ( a grand or so if you don't have that stuff already ) , Shit adds up .

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Seems like if you have a license you could be standing next to a 10.5 car asking what gear you should use for the burnout and which button controls the parachute while you were putting on a drivers suit that did not fit you and no one would ever ask to see it.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I have raced bracket races at both Nhra and Ihra tracks all over the place the last several years and have NEVER i say again NEVER been asked for my lisc. I do have them and have to show them at Div. meets but other than that no track in this day and time will turn you away for not having them on a regular weekend race. Atleast not in my area.

·
T/S 368E
32,883 Posts

Then you don't live around here, because I have personally been asked to leave for running an 8.90,
even thou I showed my license in tech IHRA??
I also know or heard of many guys being booted out of another track for running single digits, NHRA.
It's just not worth the time, effort & cost to take a car to the track and risk being caught without a license.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts