Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to start fab on my hot side and not really sure if I need a flex joint or if I want to frame mount it or engine mount. I'm gonna use solid motor mounts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Going to start fab on my hot side and not really sure if I need a flex joint or if I want to frame mount it or engine mount. I'm gonna use solid motor mounts
No flex joint are needed in your turbo system.

·
SB2.2 + pt106
1,928 Posts
When I first built my turbo system, I didn't have a flex joint in the cross over. Everyone said it would crack and would cause me issues.
So I cut it apart and put a flex in it.
Upon changing my system, i opted to not have a flex, and have not had a problem for 3 years...............

flex is not needed ;)

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
If you run into a situation where you are removing your crossover tube on a regular basis, you will be glad that you have at least one in your system. After a few heat cycles, the expansion and contraction of the entire hot side will cause some slight binding (Especially with Stainless) Without one you will be fighting to get things to line back up.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wouldn't mind putting a small one in my set up but I'm planing on coating my hot side, can I still coat it with a flex? I've seen the other post with the mesh swelling so what flex would I need with out that crap?

·
Registered
161 Posts
I wouldn't mind putting a small one in my set up but I'm planing on coating my hot side, can I still coat it with a flex? I've seen the other post with the mesh swelling so what flex would I need with out that crap?
Do a flex joint that doesnt have the mesh on the outside.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Look in my wastegate thread, its been covered.

Spd has some of the best available from what ive seen, very spendy though.

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,413 Posts
I used 1 flex joint from Vibrant performance. It does not have the mesh inside. My system did not have a flex joint for 2 years but I had big problems getting everything to bolt back together. After a few heat cycles the hot side seems to have a mind of it's own. even with the flex joints it still fights me a little. I paid like 30 or 40 bucks for the stainless steel vibrant flex joint in 2.5 inch.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Look in my wastegate thread, its been covered.

Spd has some of the best available from what ive seen, very spendy though.
Yea, the 321ss/Inconel slip-joints are a little pricey, but a lot nicer than the stanard bellows. I'm overstocked on these right in the 2.5-inch and 3.0-inch sizes. Can offer a good deal on these right now.

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
566 Posts
I am after some and cannot get a response via email from those guys. Could you possibly hook me up with the following?
2x 2" slip joints
1x 3.5" slip joint.

Cheers Mate

1 - 14 of 14 Posts