Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My motor is around 500HP and i will be running 150hp settings on a nos cheater plate.My fuel pump is a BG280.I want to run one pump.The car went 11.39 @115 1/4 mile last year with the 125 hp settings. i have upgraded to a good custom converter for the coming year and was going to work on the fuel system. Are the modifed holley regulators that pro systems sells good enough for what i am doing?thanks in advance for the input.Jason

·
Registered
10,720 Posts
I used to run a SBC 355, ran [email protected] N/A and [email protected] on Cheater Plate with .073 nitrous-.082 fuel jets and I ran A Mallory 140 for the engine and a Holley Blue for the N2O an a -8 line each. Those were more than enough, so I would say use a -10 to and from the pump then a fuel block at the regulators so you can adjust the pressure seperately for N2O and the engine. You should have enough. The holley $20 regulators work great. Here is a picture of the fuel block and regulator set up.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I agree with jsj372 you should be fine.The holly regulators work well, i use one for nitrous system. My system is very similar to jsj372 and have had no problems fuel wise with it, i use the mallory comp 140 for the motor and a mallory 110 for the nitrous side both with holly regulators. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay.I have two in the shop so i will just save my money.Thanks Jason

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I have alot to learn. I have another question about this fuel system. I see guys running a small return line from the fuel solenoid with a small nitrous jet in it back to the tank but can I tee that at the solenoid and run it back to the log or Y?

·
Registered
108 Posts
^^^If I understand you correct I would say no. That line is to bleed air pockets out of the line as close to the fuel noid as posable. By bringing it back to the log or the Y there would be nothing from keeping pressure from going thru the bleed line.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks, i got to thinking about that over the weeked and realized i coundn't do that.

·
TRZ Rocks!
3,737 Posts
You have plenty of pump. I run a 580BBC and a plate spraying over 300hp on one Holley Volumax 250 pump (both motor and N2O). Best 1/8 is 5.37 @ 134.5

If you plumb the system as a full return (full flow to the front w/ return style reg) you can use less pump than you think. We have ran cars deep into the 10's with Mallory 140 or Holley Black pumps.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hate to say it but i have been running this car on a 175 setting with a holley blue.
On real cool nights it would pop and flame on the big end and melt plugs till i backed it down to the 125 settings. I am learning alot.there is going to be alot of changes to my car for this year. With the 7al digital programmable this pump and the knowlege i have gotten from this site and others I can hopefuly tune it a lot better.thanks jason

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
Not trying to jack your thread but I have a question.I have a small block ford that runs 10.0s n/a and I put a cheater plate on it with 150 shot holley black pump -8fuel line to holley reg -6 to fuel selonoid with no return had to set pressure to 14psi to get full pass with out fuel pressure dropping below 5psi.I figured this pump would be plenty.I plan on using the nitrous more this coming season and wondering is this a bad pump or is it just to small.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ask away. The more discussion the more we learn. Thanks Jason

·
TRZ Rocks!
3,737 Posts
Your fuel pressure should stay stable through the whole run, if you are lossing pressure, you need a bigger pump.

There are different ways to plumb systems that will allow you to get the most flow possible out of the pump. But, if your pressure is dropping that far, then its time for more pump.

We have run holley single black pumps in the mid 10's on n2o without problems... but you're talking low nines. You need to either put a second pump on it or a single larger pump.

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
I have 2 holley black pumps one for motor and one for nitrous that is why I am thinking I have a bad pump.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts