Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Official Cactus Dealer
8,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw nov66ss thread about his mother passing of cancer and one thing he said got me thinking. He said she was just fine till she was diagnosed in aug. and now she is gone. That seems to happen more than we think. Someone goes to the doc for a normal checkup feeling fine no problems at all then BOOM dead from cancer. Makes you wonder what would have happened if the docs didnt do anything. Instead of the docs pumping them full of drugs and chemicals what would happen if they just let it run its course? Would the person live longer? Are doctors shortening peoples lives because they are trying to make them live longer? I know it sounds crazy but maybe its something to think about.

·
Registered
13,634 Posts
Did you hit your head?

·
Official Cactus Dealer
8,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you hit your head?
Nope think about this. you go to the doc for say a normal physical feeling fine no issues. Doc tells you you have cancer. You show no signs of anything wrong. Doc says they are going to hit it hard chemo and radiation. A few weeks later your on your death bed and they are telling you there is nothing more they can do. How the fuck does that happen? Go from living normal feeling fine to dead just because some overpaid ass hat with a fancy paper on his wall says your sick and he can fix you.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Considering I had emergency surgery a little more than 2 months ago due to a perforated bowel from diverticulitis, I say doctors do help. Without doctors this would have killed me at 40.

·
Registered
21,576 Posts
For the money we pay, the US has some of the poorest medical care in the world. I'm not talking about the level of care, good or bad. I'm talking about in relation to the money we throw at it, the "bang for the buck."

I'm sure some of this is due to lawyers, lawsuits and malpractice, but we must have SOME protection from incompetence and outright negligence

This country SHOULD have been able to take care of people, but this requires absolute cooperation. If you are going to "be stupid" and drink heavily, smoke, use drugs, or sit on your ass and get fat, then don't blame the medical outfits.

I've done none of that. I've worked hard and tried to stay fit. When I was 55, I weighed abou 170, the heaviest I've ever been. Lately I occasionally bump up against 200, but more line 180. I can NOT stay fit anymore, due to arthritic / osteo problems and the lack of effective medications. I try and watch my diet, and "even though it hurts" I get out and move and ride my (used to be bike, now recumbent trike)

Regardless of "all that" the medical "community" has in reality, been of not much help.

The answer?

There are no guarantees

You takes your chances and you get your jackpot, or not

I've lost some folks to cancer. None of them smoked, used drugs, or anything you would consider risky. Instead of the NSA monitoring phone calls and emails, maybe we? could? have? spent? that? money? on medical research and actual help

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,649 Posts
DONT BE AFRAID....GO SEE YOUR DOCTOR....GET TO KNOW YOUR DOCTOR....SWAP OUT YOUR DOC..IF HE OR SHE SUCKS....CHECK UPS....BLOOD WORK....CHOLESTERAL. ...YOU HAVE TO BE ABLE TO UTILIZE..TECHNOLOGY....TO HELP YOU LIVE AS LONG AS POSSIBLE.....DONT BE SCARED

·
Registered
10,975 Posts
My sister-in law passed shortly after she found out. It depends on the cancer and how aggressive it is.

My neighbor was diagnosed with cancer, told him he might have a few months. That turned into 5 yrs. He maxed his insurance out and fund raisers were needed to keep him going.

It's a nasty and cruel,...period.

·
Administrator
136,827 Posts
When people live.. God gets credit..

When people die... Doctors get the blame..

Simple solution.. Stop going to the doctors and pry God saves you!!

Life expectancy has increased for humans every decade!! So I'd have to say modern medicine is helping.. But what do I know.. I only look at the facts!!

·
Registered
572 Posts
I think it is crazy that they give you chemo and radiation when they say both is what causes cancer. Go to x ray dept. and it says stay behind this line radiation can cause cancer.Chemicals cause cancer and that is what chemo is.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Mindset/Mentality has alot to do with life as well. Peoples mind/body start to diminish mentally and physically. As mentioned earlier. Would a person live longer or be the same without knowing they have an illness?? Maybe. Going to the Doctor has its goods and bads. When someone finds out that they have a major illness. They start to think about it alot, causing stress. The mind/brain how ever you choose to interpret. Is more powerful than you think.

·
Official Cactus Dealer
8,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Life expectancy has increased for humans every decade!! So I'd have to say modern medicine is helping.. But what do I know.. I only look at the facts!!
Damnit! Quit throwing your facts around like you know everything:mad:

·
Beer Pong Champ (Retired)
6,830 Posts

You have 77,000 people you can reach. They come here, spew their feelings, bitch and moan, talk racing...etc. You could be like the Pope, being carried around by your subjects, everything around you is gold. Put 1Slow, 330, and TEDM in charge like Cardinals.

Maybe call it Montyism? Ask them to send money, lots! And fast! Of course you'll donate a small portion to the needy, but the majority will be eaten up by cost of "overhead" (read that as hookers and some good smoke).

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Maybe call it Montyism? Ask them to send money, lots! And fast! Of course you'll donate a small portion to the needy, but the majority will be eaten up by cost of "overhead" (read that as hookers and some good smoke).
How do you think the YB nat's was born:confused:

·
Banned
69,762 Posts
Nope think about this. you go to the doc for say a normal physical feeling fine no issues. Doc tells you you have cancer. You show no signs of anything wrong. Doc says they are going to hit it hard chemo and radiation. A few weeks later your on your death bed and they are telling you there is nothing more they can do. How the fuck does that happen? Go from living normal feeling fine to dead just because some overpaid ass hat with a fancy paper on his wall says your sick and he can fix you.
Either don't go to the doc at all then, or get a 2nd opinion. Solves both problems.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Doctors just" practice medicine". Watched my mom pass from cancer. Was doing fine, then he wanted to "try something". 2 days later she could barely drink out of a glass and never walked again. But they still get paid. I own a machine shop. If my product doesn't work or is no good. I don't get paid.

·
Banned
69,762 Posts
Doctors just" practice medicine". Watched my mom pass from cancer. Was doing fine, then he wanted to "try something". 2 days later she could barely drink out of a glass and never walked again. But they still get paid. I own a machine shop. If my product doesn't work or is no good. I don't get paid.
You also won't get sued for millions of dollars if your customer doesn't like the outcome. "Trying something" seems kinda risky for a healthy woman, why did you let him do it?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts