Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
44,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2700lb car(with driver), with a nitrous big block...The car is 45% on the nose and regardless of the 4 link setting, it tries to stand straight up no matter what we try...Front struts are full tight, we pulled a shit load of timing, same result...Ran the bottle pressure down to 700lbs, same result...It even gets rowdy trying to leave on the motor alone...We've moved the 4 link in places that shouldnt try to stand up, same result...It has a NX twin Gemini plate with their 100HP jetting...

Are we going to have to move weight forward or is there another cure? It has a Hoosier 32X13.5W slick...The previous owners had a 13x31 goodyear slick, with a 53" IC, 3 1/2 off the surface...We ran it like that and it was beyond aggressive and wouldnt go down the track without peddling...We have tried from 44 - 60, up to 7 1/2 off the surface...Same results...

I know I may be over looking something dumb, so if something jumps out, please point in out...Thanks guys

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
45 percent up front? Man, you are 300 lbs heavy on the rear..... :oops:

I know its probably not feasible but the engine needs to be moved forward. I seen 50 50 cars struggle with this. 45 55 might be next to impossible with serious power.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Ballast is your friend!

Had the same deal mid 40 percent. Would go 1.0x 60 without front end on the ground to after 250 to 300 feet out. Aborted passes all the time l. This was only on motor without lighting the kits off. 60 lbs Ballast was a game changer for keeping the front end down.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts