Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the local car shows and cruise nights always play 50's music. I asked the DJ why he said thats what the old car guys want to hear. I told him that most of the cars at the show are muscle cars and the muscle car era was the 60's and 70's.
I don't mind the 50's music but I get tired of hearing it. Back in the day when I would cruise in my Cuda I would be listeing to Zepplin or AC/DC not Chuck Berry.
Is this the same story around the country? Do they always play 50's music or do they play a variety?

·
draggin' ass
13,418 Posts
yes and its awful!

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I dont mind it. Kinda has that old school vibe to it. Now a cruise night or drag strip that played nothing but Texas Red Dirt would be awesome!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
It's part of the "culture", I personally can't stand it, but I'll suffer through it to check out some cool cars.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Same here, but its still better than listening to most if the tuner car guys music....worst of two evils

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
I wish they would turn that damn shit down... I cant hear the engines:-D

·
ROLL TIDE!!!!
20,992 Posts
I guess I'm in the minority here. I love car shows, and I love that they play oldies. It's always been that way. I guess it'll change when the cars are from the last 30 years, and the majority of people attending are in their 40s and younger. I'd much rather go to a old car show and hear oldies, though.

And if you can't hear engines over the music, stop going to import cruises. ;)

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
usualy depends on the show around here. Last one was a mix of 50 60 70's music the one before that was a hard core 50's early 60's and if I hear Walk Don't Run again for another year I will be very happy!

·
Real Estate Tycoon
16,959 Posts
They do it around here too, but I tune it out and pay attention to the cars.

·
In the Beams.
21,997 Posts
I guess I'm in the minority here. I love car shows, and I love that they play oldies. It's always been that way. I guess it'll change when the cars are from the last 30 years, and the majority of people attending are in their 40s and younger. I'd much rather go to a old car show and hear oldies, though.

I agree with Amanda on this one , No one is forcing you to go to old school car shows .

Mama's & Papa's ( california dreamin' ) and beach boys ( 60's era music ) are some good shit to listen .

beats the hell out of that JAY-Z bullshit !

·
Registered
5,099 Posts

What she said...^^^^^^.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts