Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Dont need a game changer..just a C rotor with customer service.
DMPE was getting "screwed" by the nhra and sfi. Otherwise PSI would've gone under long ago.
I'm sure Darren can make the ultimate power adder even more feared by the competition.

·
Screwed and Loving It
1,026 Posts
Dont need a game changer..just a C rotor with customer service.
DMPE was getting "screwed" by the nhra and sfi. Otherwise PSI would've gone under long ago.
I'm sure Darren can make the ultimate power adder even more feared by the competition.
Ditto. And, give Whipple a chance too.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Wow! Can't wait to see it come out. Curious to see what it will run in the Top Alcohol classes and pro extreme.
BAD ASS !!!!! Nice looking unit it will never be legal in the top alky classes the c rotor is not even legal.As far as PX how many will be happy to ditch there c rotors for this and have PSI potentially come out with something better in a few years

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't hold me to these numbers as this is info I heard about 3 years ago before the project got shelved, but this is what I was told.

The new screw is 12.8 liters compared to the C rotors 7.4 liters. It made 28psi more at the same OD as the C rotor with lower inlet temps. 80-82psi at 9000rpm.

Again, this is 3 year old info, but that's what I heard.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I'm sure it will be a trick piece when Darren gets done with it, but to the best of my knowledge, he has yet to finish a functional unit yet.

If I had to guess, it will probably be a blower close to the existing C or D blowers out there. From conversations over the past year, he was pretty far down the road of having that project close to done.

·
Registered
497 Posts
wasn't the whipple the BEST but overdrive rules wouldn't let it show what it could do? i'm sure whipple would not get back into pro drag racing seeing how things turned out in the past.
Whipple had bigger displacement than the PSI. Overdrive limits went back and forth with NHRA. The PSI became the better choice given the rules, and Whipple said the hell with it and got out of the Top Alcohol gig.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts