Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for bringing this up Six and Red. I've noticed this in trend to go to "back" to distributors as well. Specifically some people in the Buick community have gone to distributors to gain some extra ponies. Here's one comment from a Buick member;
The waste spark design has issues:

Ken Duttweiler dynoed a twin turbo buick with the DIS then a Dist and the
dist made over 100 more HP. Please keep in mind this was a 1300HP Plus Motor. On Dave Bamford's TSM Motor the Dist was worth around 75HP.
The waste spark also causes issues with the wide band 0/2 readings according to Joe Lubrant.
Note that the the top TSM motors are probably in the 800-900hp range. Heck, I'm getting into this territory and if I can pick up nearly 5-10% by going to a distributor and more tuning, I just might!

I'm going to start digging for some more specifics...

· Registered
12 Posts
TSM = Turbo street modified. Buick club Grand National and Turbo Regal class that runs production motors only.

I don't know if the test motors were in the same state of tune with Dist and with DIS or if other variables were introduced, skewing the results. Interesting claims, but more info needed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.