Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· from across the pond...
6,961 Posts
the dizzy for me has too much spark scatter.you can never control something that thrusts it back and forth like you will a crank trigger wheel.Granted if you use(chevys have to) a cam sync in the dizzy hole you will still get it to some to a degree even with DIS. Take at look at what i'm going to use.Features are excellent and they have already had it working on big inch turbo motors.Nelson racing engines build 572ci twin turbo motors and then drove them across america...with 1700hp on pump.
http://www.getfuelinjected.com/products/xdi.html
i'm sure there are others but the features of this one caught my eye.I'm also going to use the TEC3R ECU....

6,961 Posts
ok,i see were you're coming from.But,the wasted spark occurs when the piston is at TDC on the exhaust were there is no velocity of exhaust gas and i believe that the spark on the wasted side is not as intense as the compression stroke....i may be wrong here....?
Anyone want to chime in on this one?

6,961 Posts
mmmmmmmmmm,interesting.I'm going to ask some questions. I have the dizzy stuff already so i have the option to keep them.Anyone else got info?

6,961 Posts
Just a thought here.....How did they evaluate the changes? Maybe they picked up performance because the dizzy did something else? Retard the timing in a more positive way maybe? remember a distributor retards the motor slightly as the rpm picks up and a DIS stays constant(unless you put a curve into it....) I just don't believe that a dizzy will outperform a DIS system. It's all about accurate spark surely???

6,961 Posts
strong sparks aren't much good it they aren't at the right time.....
We need to get some evaluated evidence on this...Homework for the weekend... :-D

6,961 Posts
Intersting article.....http://www.picotech.com/auto/tutorials/primary-vs-secondary.html

DIS has its own drawbacks by having half of the plugs firing with an acceptable negative voltage, while the other half is fired by the less acceptable positive polarity. This will have the effect of pronounced plug wear on the positive fired plugs.
This is all i can find for now...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.