Yellow Bullet Forums banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Capri For Sale
12,418 Posts
I just spent $7.5K to remodel my tiny little kitchen. It looks nice but the labor charge was $3500 for 2 guys who took 3 days to do it. Started at 8am and knocked off at 5pm. I could never have done what they did but I still feel like I got screwed. Luckily it looks good and is functional or we would have had a big problem over the bill.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I’d like to know how much I’ve saved in a lifetime of doing it myself. Between the inept and the thieves that are experts, my return makes the stock market or real estate look like ripoffs. If I had paid for all the shit that goes south and all that requires ongoing maintenance of life’s infrastructure I could have never been able to retire. Gotta go now, wife has a bad tooth.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
I like to save money on things I can do myself, and it gives me the satisfaction of knowing I can and did do it. Some things I just don't trust other people with. Some things I don't trust me with. My wife's 16 Impala has a sunroof shad that is bunching up. That seems a little outside of my zone of expertise.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts