Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With a turbo such as a S480 with a 1.32 t6 divided housing. What benefit would be seen in keeping the two banks of a 355ci v8 engine divided vs having the banks merge and then go into the turbo?

My old hot side was 2.5 crossover merged into a 10 inch section of single 3 inch to the turbo.

I'm fabricating the new hotside out of 2.5inch 304ss and was going to keep the two banks apart if there is a benefit. It's busting my balls to keep them apart so can someone humor me and tell me why it's better, or at least why the way I had it sucked.

Thank you.

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
4 cylinders seem to gain significant improvement in spool time keeping it divided. I would think the same principle transfers over. At the very least, it would prevent any chance of turbulence at the turbine entry which can't be a bad thing. Mine is a divided housing with a 2.25" tube feeding each side. 50mm gate on each.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
697 Posts
mine is setup divided, it is four cylinder. they say it will improve spool time by 500 rpm, i thnk it did on mine. also, making all exhaust runners equal length and the right length made a difference too with it being more efficient. i think we used pipe max to get the length of the header.

in the end, it all adds up and makes a difference. it seems like it wuold be kind of challenging on a v8 though with the layout of the motor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts