Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night, I installed a new Weiand intake and a "new to me" carb for my 318. The tear-down process was straight-forward. Everything is fitting very well as I install everything. I get onto the home-stretch and begin to install the distributor... It will not drop down. I'm thinking that I may have to pull up the manifold and adjust? I've never had any issues with it before.

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
How would replacing the manifold effect the dizzy? Do you have to pull the dizzy to change the manifold on a small block chrysler?:confused: I'm not a chrysler guy but I thought the dizzy did'nt go through the intake. I do know the oil pump drive shaft has the gear on it and not on the dizzy so it might have pulled up a little when you pulled the diz and it just needs to be put back in synk with the cam.:smt102

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, the distributor does not have anything to do with the manifold. I switched to a Mallory Unilite before I changed intakes and had it out on multiple occasions. I had to remove it in order for me to have access to the intake bolts due to brackets on the original intake (1977 318 2-bbl).

My theory was correct... Even though everything lined up correctly, there was still room for more movement forward. I guess I have to control my thoughts when I come across hurdles like this doing upgrades.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts