Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I am new to the turbo sickness and need some information.. I have ran Nitrous and blower cars for many years but do not know much about running Turbos. I just acquired a Precision 101mm "G" trim 1.0 A/R and have the parts in the shop to build anywhere from 396 to 580 Cubic inch BBC motor.. I am thinking the 427 to 440 would be the best combination? The set up will be a single blow through on methanol in a 2000lb 10.5 tired car.. the heads are Brodix 2xtra that were done by Fultons. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MPK

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
ditch the 1.0ar housing for a 1.5 housing, a 1.32 might work on a 427 but not sure
if you need one i have a new 1.5 i would sell

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I used a consumption chart for my engine displacement and compressor maps to plot various boost points on. Then I picked the turbos that had the points in the most efficient parts of the map islands. Since you already have the turbo, just take the compressor map with various consumption charts for different displacements. Then pick the displacement that has the turbo in its most efficient sweet spot. Here's a chart for a 496. Since turbos sometimes seem to defy physics, hopefully some will chime in with actual experience.

http://forcedinductions.com/consumption496.htm

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
Hey all, I am new to the turbo sickness and need some information.. I have ran Nitrous and blower cars for many years but do not know much about running Turbos. I just acquired a Precision 101mm "G" trim 1.0 A/R and have the parts in the shop to build anywhere from 396 to 580 Cubic inch BBC motor.. I am thinking the 427 to 440 would be the best combination? The set up will be a single blow through on methanol in a 2000lb 10.5 tired car.. the heads are Brodix 2xtra that were done by Fultons. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MPK

Like other have said a larger AR will help. 427~477 is more than large enough.

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
Hey MK, if you are going to do it go to the 1.50. Several variables.
As long as that isn't the 427 from the old truck.....

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey MK, if you are going to do it go to the 1.50. Several variables.
As long as that isn't the 427 from the old truck.....
Ha.. we ran a bunch of high 5's with that heavy ass truck... but no.. I am going to build new 427 for the Gremlin.. I will holla at you soon to discuss..

Thanks,

MPK

1 - 9 of 9 Posts