1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Rod 2413
1,347 Posts
Yup it works.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
I use to use Joy but stopped about 4/5 yrs ago when my Hoosier tire supplier told me I didn't need to use it anymore, that Hoosiers didn't leak thru the side walls anymore. My 16X33 have been fine. I also got a set of 16.5X33 M/T slicks from a guy that were test tires with 5 or 6 passes on them. I put almost 90 passes on them, they were dry and never leaked either. So maybe ask your tire mfg if you need to use it today with your type and size slicks. RM

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
You'll find when you speak with tire engineers they will advise against using soap on the inside of tires -- claim it actually breaks down the rubber due to certain components within the soap.

However, a lot do without any problems except for those annoying bubbles on moist days.......

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I've done it on all of mine and they don't leak. I also don't get an bubbles when it's moist out or when I wash it. It is a great lubricant to get them on and also becomes kind of tacky once they dry out. So far my D/R haven't slipped without screws on a 1.35 60 foot, so I will continue to use Dawn until someone shows me in person something better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.