Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
22,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started playing about 1.5 months ago. My brother-in-law is pretty big into it, and just got sponsored by one of the disc companies. Either way, IDK that I will get into it to the point I can get sponsored, but just enjoy getting out of the house, and the challenge...

So any of you phucksticks play, and are any of you any good?

·
The guy you don't know
2,117 Posts
thats for the fags that cant golf for real!!! LMAO! JKJK

never really been interested in it at all though..

·
Registered
744 Posts
Fags
Oscillating
Little
Frisbies
:-gay

·
Registered
427 Posts
My wife and I tried it with her son and DIL. Had a blast and they got us a practice target for Xmas. Looking forward to getting into it when it warms up some.

·
Registered
22,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My wife and I tried it with her son and DIL. Had a blast and they got us a practice target for Xmas. Looking forward to getting into it when it warms up some.
Hell we played today in the cold...We played day after Christmas when it was snowing...Once you get moving it ain't cold. When I got there at lunch time I was freezing when I got out the car.

What part of TN are you from. We play in Pickwick TN a lot.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I used to live right next to a disc golf course and played almost every day for a few years...... was great exercise, took my teenager and the dog most of the time.

I'm an avid golfer too, prefer that over disc golf, but the disc golf course I played on was free, so you can't beat that. For those that don't do it, its a bit more difficult than it looks.... those discs don't fly quite like a normal frisbee. But, they will fly a lot farther.... albeit may take you off course by a football field if you're not careful.

They had a once a year national tournament where the best came and played the course.... I watched it a few times, they were amazing. Landing it at the base of the basket from 300 ft consistently is impressive. I walked along with a pro named Schultz who was considered to be one of the best......I was impressed. Would have beat me by a solid 20-30 strokes.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have one Ace after 2 years. It was. 356footer! Generally I play about 2-8 under depending on the wind.

For those that have never played... It just as hard as ball golf except you don't have to spend $50 for round and wear proper clothing. Disc golf is great for excersise, mental stimulation and getting out with the guys to drink a beer or two while tossing some discs in a competitive setting.

·
Registered
22,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Barry Schultz I believe is his name...and yes he is damn good.

I remember my BIL the first time I played about a year ago, told me to throw it like a frizbee. Needless to say it fell straight down and I couldn't figure it out. Tried it once more and gave it up. Then 1.5 months ago I started actually trying. I was having a hard time, until I figured out how to drive. Now I can get it close to most of the baskets, just got to practice more on up shots and putts.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hell we played today in the cold...We played day after Christmas when it was snowing...Once you get moving it ain't cold. When I got there at lunch time I was freezing when I got out the car.

What part of TN are you from. We play in Pickwick TN a lot.
I'm in Harriman, TN about 45 miles west of Knoxville and 100 East of Nashville. We have a new course at the county park and I noticed a park near where I grew up in Chattanooga. I look forward to getting into it a bit more.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I used to play but the city of austin believes shopping centers are more important than parks and disk golf courses

·
Registered
22,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I used to play but the city of austin believes shopping centers are more important than parks and disk golf courses
Of course they are...and you can play it on the playstation, and get fatter since you aren't actually walking up and down hills...

·
pist'n Broke
20,939 Posts
i have been playing for 15 years ... i played every coarse in dallas tx and some in fla
but haven't played here in nc. yet... what disc do u have...?

you know it's a stoner sport:-weed...:smt082:smt082

·
pist'n Broke
20,939 Posts
i forgot i also played in waco to, there was only one coarse... but u could play it 3 diff. ways... there is one in shreveport la that is a 36 hole, and is lighted u can play it 24 hrs a day...

·
Registered
22,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i have been playing for 15 years ... i played every coarse in dallas tx and some in fla
but haven't played here in nc. yet... what disc do u have...?

you know it's a stoner sport:-weed...:smt082:smt082
I throw a Discraft ESP Nuke for a backhand driver...

I use either a Innova Star Katana or Discraft Z Flick for forearm shots.

Then I have a classic roc and a Buzz for mids

Use Aviars for putters for now, but when the Gateway stuff comes in, I'm going to try them.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts