Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 mustang with ssbc rear disc brakes and im in the process of narrowing the rear end and im noticing that the 9"ends are not going to work with those brakes. Do they make an adapter bracket or am i going to have to buy new rear brake. If so what brand and where can i find them

·
7.86 @ 8800DA 3365lb 275s
4,502 Posts
any brakes for a 9" should work as long as you know what brake offset you have is, 2.36" or 2.5" or get the ends briansshop mentioned, which i didn't know about and is good info to know. you will still need to make sure the brake offset is right, you may need to have you axles built with the 8.8 brake offset.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
I have a buddy that can machine a set. He looked for the longest time trying to find someone that made a bracket. He never found anyone, and he's a chassis builder. I believe the ones he machined were for Strange Brakes if I recall correctly.

·
Registered
9,107 Posts
i believe there is a chrysler end that will work on your housing and is damn near the same bolt pattern as your factory 8.8 stuff

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I'm using the 9" style ends from a 98 explorer and the brakes. Might be something worth looking into. I bought the rearend, sold the 31spline track lock and kept the ends/brakes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts