Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Veteran was my Squad Leader when I was stationed in Ft. Campbell in 2000. He has had 3 heart attacks, and has several other health issues, and has fallen on some serious financial times. His house is in severe disrepair, and he doesn't have the health, money, or capability to do the repairs himself. I had no idea until I saw his story online and called him, because he is the type of man who would never ask for help if there was any way possible for him to do it himself. There is a donation page with his story that I will put a link to. If there is anyone near Clarksville, TN that wouldn't mind doing some pro bono work involving plumbing, replacing floors, drywall, etc., PLEASE send me a PM!! The house also has electrical issues, but I have my electrician license and am headed to his house first thing tomorrow morning to start tackling them. Being a disabled Combat Vet myself, I can't provide much in the way of a ton of labor, but I can handle the electrical issues, at the very least. The link also has pics of the damage in the house, as well as his story. He is asking for ANY help, be it monetary, labor, material... pretty much anything anyone can give. The government doesn't do enough to take care of our Veterans as it is, and I can't stand to see one of us in this situation. Please take a minute and read, and if you can help in any way, either donate or send me a PM on here to get together on repairs. Thanks Yellow Bullet Family!!!

http://www.gofundme.com/stevecoderre

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Bump....

·
Real Estate Tycoon
16,959 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Mark! Give me a couple of days and let me see what I can do to help this fellow Widowmaker. ;)

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
i am not working so i dont have lots of cash. but i have lots of time. and tools and know how. and i am a army vet. if i can help

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I want to challenge the Bullet to donate $5 per person who reads this thread. There have already been over 350 views, so that would be $1750 so far with just how many people have seen the thread. $5 isn't much. Let's see what the Bullet has!!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
As an Army 11B Vet myself not far away ... I have some time and labor I can donate to help out a soldier. Lets get a group together, put on our YB Swag and do some good gentlemen!

1 - 20 of 75 Posts