Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the guys out here in Colorado that goes to my wifes parents church has a dirt car but it is a tinny little one seater dirt track car with an 02 Yamaha R1 engine in it, weighs 1,050 pounds, minimum is 1,000. Has an open exhaust an a power commander...... sounds sick.

I told him a few tricks with the rules...... wheels can only be 13's I think it was and DOT legal..... I told him that when they run the paved raced to look into some Hoosier DOT road race tires or something...... he had never though of that and I said the rules say DOT legal right? and he said yes and I said well it says DOT on it hahaha. He said he will try and find some in the size he needs.

Has a power commander but had not been on the dyno yet, I told him to get it tuned on the dyno.

Rules are pretty tight, stock engine, older Toyota rear, told him that with some molly he could drop the last 50 pounds, right now he is placing 9th out of 20 some cars. Can't get out of second so he is thinking about jumping up the gears to try out 3rd.

Told him that when he needs another engine to look into a Busa engine if the rules will allow it. I can't remember if the rules limit you to a 1,200 or a 1,300....

Really cool little cars.

·
Yellowbullet Overlord
27,404 Posts
Sounds like he has a Dwarf/Legend car. Dirt cars are pretty cool. I have always wanted to give one a try. The outlaw sprints are sick.

·
"Big Al" Sargent
7,472 Posts
It'd probably be fun to drive a legend car, but it sucks to watch them. Losing the 50 lbs would help him big time. Those tires would be expensive and the payout is small in those classes.

·
Registered
51,357 Posts
Sounds like he has a Dwarf/Legend car. Dirt cars are pretty cool. I have always wanted to give one a try. The outlaw sprints are sick.

Pretty much any Sprint cars / midgets are nuts on a high banked clay track. It's like watching 900hp bees in a beehive.

·
Registered
15,888 Posts
Pretty much any Sprint cars / midgets are nuts on a high banked clay track. It's like watching 900hp bees in a beehive.
X2

My buddie is just getting into racing Dwarf cars. I also got to see those Mod lites over the 4th...They are out of Az those are very cool

·
"Nice Monte Carlo"
1,839 Posts

Yep.. We go to them all the time.. HRP gives tickets away for the series that runs here. They are a blast to watch, even if you don`t like roundy-round cars..

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
this is our pro division dwarf car and it runs a a carbed yamaha R1 ........... this car has 4 back to back pro championships plus numerous nationals championships

our senior division dwarf car and it runs a fuel injected kawasaki ZX10R ..............this car also has 4 back to back championships plus numerous national event wins and 2 nationals championships

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
this is our mini dwarf that we used to run and win alot of races now the driver is running go karts and mini sprints

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
I happen to love all kinds of dirt track racing.

·
Registered
51,357 Posts
Probably too far of a haul for you Texas guys but if you are in the Midwest and have not yet been to Eldora Speedway (Tony Stewarts track) just outside of Rossburg Ohio.....ya gotta get there just once. High banked sticky assed clay 1/2 mile....and fast.

I didn't go to this past weekends Kings Royal but I usually do go and have gone since the first one. What a freeking riot!.

This September they have a show where they run winged and non winged sprints as well as midgets.....and midgets on a half mile is something to see.

·
Registered
20,090 Posts
i saw some legends running yesterday on TV, it didnt look like they go fast, but must be how it looks on TV-i went and saw some outlaw sprints for the first time a few years back, was blown away how fast they accel.-def bad ass

·
Registered
51,357 Posts
i saw some legends running yesterday on TV, it didnt look like they go fast, but must be how it looks on TV-i went and saw some outlaw sprints for the first time a few years back, was blown away how fast they accel.-def bad ass
900hp and 1,400lbs will do that :p

·
Registered
338 Posts
Probably too far of a haul for you Texas guys but if you are in the Midwest and have not yet been to Eldora Speedway (Tony Stewarts track) just outside of Rossburg Ohio.....ya gotta get there just once. High banked sticky assed clay 1/2 mile....and fast.

I didn't go to this past weekends Kings Royal but I usually do go and have gone since the first one. What a freeking riot!.

This September they have a show where they run winged and non winged sprints as well as midgets.....and midgets on a half mile is something to see.
Super late model races at Eldora are awesome also. The Dream and World 100 are two of the premier races for the super late models. These are more of an event than a race, lot's stuff happening at these events.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Here is a pic of my car that I am in the buuilding now. It will be for a pure street or street stock class.

Here is some pics of cars I had in the past.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts