Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching Sprint Cup practice and I see at the bottom of the screen that Directv will drop Speed, FX & National Geographic Channel Nov 1st. What the hell? Thats 3 of my favorite channels.

·
coffee extraordinaire
11,218 Posts
It is FOX, they are charging a %40 fee change & DirecTv will not pay that.

This also includes FOX sports channels, Fuel TV. What is not effected is the News channels & & regular broadcast.

Should add. This is not set in stone yet, they are still in "negations"(just be prepared for it). Considering Most who watch UFC(Starts Nov 12th) will loose that. MANY people are not happy.

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
That sucks if they can't come to a agreement. Our local NBC channel is also in "negotiations" and may be getting dropped....Seems like a "no-win" for anyone. Advertisers must be pissed......

·
Pics of wife?
4,204 Posts
what a bunch of shit! They did this shit with G4TV about 6 months ago (maybe longer). Negotiations broke down = now no G4.

And to think, I got Directv because Comcrap pulled the same shit (just up and removed NatGeo).

·
BigDad T-shirts available
7,455 Posts
I don't see them dropping any shopping network , or BET or OWN ..

And, I'm sure the price will stay the same, and it is too much already !!

·
Fastest mustang roller
3,005 Posts
Damn i would hate to loose FX. "Its always sunny in Philadelphia" and SOA are two of my favorite shows.

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
I'm sure they'll work it out. Look what happened to Dish when the lost FX last year. People bailed like crazy.
I found this on Bloomberg Business..

“The stakes are high since DirecTV has about 19 million subscriber homes, a little under 20 percent of News Corp.’s market that it would lose audience and advertising dollars for,” said David Joyce, an analyst at Miller Tabak & Co. in New York.
That is a big chunk for Fox to lose if they stick to the 40% rate increase.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts