Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
69,762 Posts
If you don't have the NFL package which you can only get through DirectTV, look at Dish Network. Last I checked you get up to 4 free HD DVR boxes when you sign with them.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Have it, love it for the most part...but one question for some of you guys...do you get much interference with the HD channels. My main problem is with local network channels where it will say searching for signal in HD but the regular channel will work just fine? Is this common or do I need to cut some trees down? :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have had the hd/dvr through Directv for a year now.
I would highly recommend it to someone who watches drag racing in hd,it allows you to watch a three hour program in just over two
(if you ffwd through the commercials and the motorcycles):-Daw
picture quality is great on 1080 screen(no detectable loss
of resolution) between original and recording.
hope this helps

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I sell DirecTV and have had the HD DVR for a while..it IS the greatest thing since sliced bread. The HD is a good size so you can record a good bit of HD programming.

I"m assuming the HD-DVR is 99 after a special rebate or because of a current promoton? Normally the non HD-DVR is 99 and the HD-DVR is 199 (model number HR21). If it's 99 right now, jump on it and you'll never look back!!!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I sell DirecTV and have had the HD DVR for a while..it IS the greatest thing since sliced bread. The HD is a good size so you can record a good bit of HD programming.

I"m assuming the HD-DVR is 99 after a special rebate or because of a current promoton? Normally the non HD-DVR is 99 and the HD-DVR is 199 (model number HR21). If it's 99 right now, jump on it and you'll never look back!!!
Already ordered. $99 for preferred customer or something like that. I didn't want to miss the opportunity. One more question, I have DVR service already, but I just upgraded my main TV to an HD. Can I use the other DVR in another room? I paid for it when I signed up for DirectTV 3 years ago.

·
Big Block Killer
1,011 Posts
I have had the hd/dvr through Directv for a year now.
I would highly recommend it to someone who watches drag racing in hd,it allows you to watch a three hour program in just over two
(if you ffwd through the commercials and the motorcycles):-Daw
picture quality is great on 1080 screen(no detectable loss
of resolution) between original and recording.
hope this helps
I don't have HD through Dish Network but I can relate to fast forwarding through the irrelevant stuff.

·
Registered
16,659 Posts
Have it, love it for the most part...but one question for some of you guys...do you get much interference with the HD channels. My main problem is with local network channels where it will say searching for signal in HD but the regular channel will work just fine? Is this common or do I need to cut some trees down? :)
I have Direct HD and it is definetely more susceptible to fade during storms than the non-HD channels. If it is clear out and you are having a problem they may need to tweak the alingment a little, or like you say, you may need to trim the trees some.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.