Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright im thinking of an idea instead of doing a 2 step for my spool up. instead of killing a few cylinders and dumping fuel into the manifold, couldnt you plumb a small stainless line with a very small orifice into the manifold, right where the tubes merge, and have it hooked to a fuel solenoid from a N02 setup, and have it hooked to a switch? If there was maybe 2 feet of 1/4" line from the solenoid to the manifold there shouldnt be any chance of fire right? any ideas?

·
Registered
645 Posts
That doesn't sound like a very good idea to me.

·
Registered
173 Posts
how would you pulse it. if it's just "on" you're just gonna have a constant flame in the pipe and not individual percussions. it's the energy from the percussions that spools the turbos.

·
Registered
861 Posts
x2 on the explosions... picture lighting a puddle of gas in open air on fire, no big deal right? Now picture a puddle in a sealed drum and lighting it on fire, now we're getting somewhere.

Besides, there isn't much oxygen in the exhaust which completely eliminates all possibility of this working. You would just be pushing raw fuel through the turbo.

how would you pulse it. if it's just "on" you're just gonna have a constant flame in the pipe and not individual percussions. it's the energy from the percussions that spools the turbos.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the replies. i totally didnt even think about the lack of O2 in the exhaust. what about water injection? would steam be good or would it just crack the header all to hell?

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
A two or three step is the best to help spool.
If is it an auto add timing. There are a couple of
other tricks too.

What is the combo?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i was going to do a 383 with a 103mm single turbo. i just got my hands on an LS1 cheaps so im gonna see what im gonna do with that without digging tooo deep in my pockets. might just do a screw style blower. its gonna be a street driven car, but i like to whoop on an import from time to time :)

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
x2 on the explosions... picture lighting a puddle of gas in open air on fire, no big deal right? Now picture a puddle in a sealed drum and lighting it on fire, now we're getting somewhere.

Besides, there isn't much oxygen in the exhaust which completely eliminates all possibility of this working. You would just be pushing raw fuel through the turbo.

Hate to break the news to you, but an afterburner on a jet engine is this exact theory. All you are doing in in "afterburner" just like the name implies is spraying raw fuel into hot exhaust gas stream through a nozzle after the burning of the fuel/air mixture has already been done. There is more "oxygen" left to burn there than what you really think.

Now would this work in this application as it does in a jet engine, i do not know...... the theory behind it would say yes to me, you wont find it on a car because the time and effort involved in trying to implement a system like this would be way more costly than a simple 2/3 step . BUT a 2/3 step is basically creating this exact situation as can be noted by the flames being thrown out of most turbo cars while on the 2/3 step.... has more to do with thermal expansion and it creating more flow in simple terms....

you would have to really read into the exact theories and operations of a jet engine to understand it. I would think their theories would be nearly one in the same..... since they basically are the same exact thing ;)

more exhaust flow= greater turbine blade rpm = more shaft rpm= increased compressor blade rpm= boost

·
Registered
171 Posts
i think thats what the world rally cars do it sounds like small arms fire but i hear it is really hard on turbos and engines they use it as anti lag when going into corners to keep the turbos spinning so they can stay on boost when they re open the throttle

1 - 10 of 10 Posts