Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
El Diablo
12,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I go into the Dodge dealer to get a couple keys cut. I look up and see cans of touch up paint. Since Duplicolor came out with these shitty cans of touch up paint that are impossible to use, I figured I would pick up a plain can of black paint for tiny rock chips, etc.
I ask the guy for a can of black. He tells me I need to give him a VIN # because there are several colors of black - and basically refuses to sell me a can because he is a fucking know-it-all smartass.
I'm fucking aware there is an infinite number of shades of black. If I fucking cared that an area of less than one square millimeter of black matched the shade of the rest of the paint on the whole fucking rest of the car, I wouldn't have asked for a can of black fucking touch up paint and overpaid 1000% for the stupid shit. Jesus Christ, people are just colossal Dumbfucks. I decided it wasn't worth trying to argue with the pompous dicksnot anyway. He's probably standing at the watercooler telling the guys in the showroom that some clown just tried to buy a can of black touch up paint again, lol.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
So, I go into the Dodge dealer to get a couple keys cut. I look up and see cans of touch up paint. Since Duplicolor came out with these shitty cans of touch up paint that are impossible to use, I figured I would pick up a plain can of black paint for tiny rock chips, etc.
I ask the guy for a can of black. He tells me I need to give him a VIN # because there are several colors of black - and basically refuses to sell me a can because he is a fucking know-it-all smartass.
I'm fucking aware there is an infinite number of shades of black. If I fucking cared that an area of less than one square millimeter of black matched the shade of the rest of the paint on the whole fucking rest of the car, I wouldn't have asked for a can of black fucking touch up paint and overpaid 1000% for the stupid shit. Jesus Christ, people are just colossal Dumbfucks. I decided it wasn't worth trying to argue with the pompous dicksnot anyway. He's probably standing at the watercooler telling the guys in the showroom that some clown just tried to buy a can of black touch up paint again, lol.:rolleyes:

OK, and HE is the know-it-all smart ass?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
God forbid the man try to actually do his job and sell you the correct color for your car. Don't get me wrong, after you POLITELY told me you did not care what color black it was, I would have gladly sold you any old color black that was in stock. You have to understand though, that if he just sells the average customer a can of touch up without matching the color to the VIN, 90% of them will come back and be extremely pissed if the shade is even slightly different and he has to cover his ass by making sure it is right to begin with. No need for either of you to be pricks about it.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
God forbid the man try to actually do his job and sell you the correct color for your car. Don't get me wrong, after you POLITELY told me you did not care what color black it was, I would have gladly sold you any old color black that was in stock. You have to understand though, that if he just sells the average customer a can of touch up without matching the color to the VIN, 90% of them will come back and be extremely pissed if the shade is even slightly different and he has to cover his ass by making sure it is right to begin with. No need for either of you to be pricks about it.
Well gosh, this is first logical post I've seen all day. There is hope.

·
Registered
13,298 Posts
Since fucking when is there more than one "shade" of gloss black?

Not being a smart ass here, but there are a bunch of shades of gloss black. Each automotive manufacturer adds a tint of red, blue, or other colors to achieve their look. Check an automotive color chart book someday. You will be surprised.

Now of course your local Home Depot will only have one or two manufacturers products.

·
Registered
22,179 Posts
He dindu nuffin except ask for a f** canna black paint!!

He, He!!

And got his ass shot off because he was the wrong shade!

pdq67

·
El Diablo
12,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Black shades matter!

Treed
Ha-ha.:)
I told him it didn't matter to me. He didn't want me being irresponsible, lol.
And just to make myself feel better: I'm going to take a bottle of white GM touch up paint and use it on my white Dodge. I might even send him a picture so his head pops off.
Fucking obscessive- compulsive mother fucker. :)

·
Real Estate Tycoon
16,959 Posts
Not being a smart ass here, but there are a bunch of shades of gloss black. Each automotive manufacturer adds a tint of red, blue, or other colors to achieve their look. Check an automotive color chart book someday. You will be surprised.

Now of course your local Home Depot will only have one or two manufacturers products.
Yep. White is actually worse. I mix paint at my weekend job at a well known parts store chain, and can tell you that there are some weird colors that go into just white paint to get a certain tint. Shit's crazy.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I have on better than that.

At AutoZone, I asked the chick at counter for a case of ATF if they have any in back. There isn't any out on the shelves with the other oils....

She asks me for year, make and model.

I asked her, to again just go see if you have any, and if there is a case I'll take it.

She again asked me for, year, make and model....

At this point the old timer behind me is flipping his nuts laughing...

So I ask her. Do you know what ATF is?

She looks at me. Goes in back. Comes back with another guy. He asks me, year, make and model...

Ok, I'll play along. '67, Ford, Mustang.

"What engine and trans?"

Ok, so I know better than to tell them 429CJ, because their heads will surely explode. So I say. 390 with a C6.

After a bunch of clicking and scrolling.
Both of them at the exact same time look at me and say.

They don't show ATF for that make and model....

Again, I ask. But this time kinda dick headish.
Can you please go look and see if you have a case of fucking ATF in back.

The dude says to me. That won't work for car. Its not listed in the computer.

Fuck me. I walked out. Drove up the road to NAPA. Asked the guy at the counter. He says, yep. Be right back....

·
Real Estate Tycoon
16,959 Posts
I have on better than that.

At AutoZone, I asked the chick at counter for a case of ATF if they have any in back. There isn't any out on the shelves with the other oils....

She asks me for year, make and model.

I asked her, to again just go see if you have any, and if there is a case I'll take it.

She again asked me for, year, make and model....

At this point the old timer behind me is flipping his nuts laughing...

So I ask her. Do you know what ATF is?

She looks at me. Goes in back. Comes back with another guy. He asks me, year, make and model...

Ok, I'll play along. '67, Ford, Mustang.

"What engine and trans?"

Ok, so I know better than to tell them 429CJ, because their heads will surely explode. So I say. 390 with a C6.

After a bunch of clicking and scrolling.
Both of them at the exact same time look at me and say.

They don't show ATF for that make and model....

Again, I ask. But this time kinda dick headish.
Can you please go look and see if you have a case of fucking ATF in back.

The dude says to me. That won't work for car. Its not listed in the computer.

Fuck me. I walked out. Drove up the road to NAPA. Asked the guy at the counter. He says, yep. Be right back....
Sadly, you can thank sue happy people for shit like this. Granted, I would've given you what you asked for because I'm a car guy. That being said, many of the counter people in parts stores now know very little about cars, but know how to work a computer. Combine that with aforementioned sue happy people, and this is what you get, because somewhere in the past some customer who was equally ignorant to cars was sold the wrong type of ATF (which there ARE several different types now, and some are vehicle specific), which in turn fucked up their tranny, and they sued the parts store for selling them the wrong stuff. So now they overly cover their ass.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts