Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the feedback on these? I'd be using water temp, oil pressure and possibly trans temp gauges. I was looking at AutoMeter but I do have my eyes on Summit brand gauges for the price difference.

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Autometer, not Autogage, are American made. Summit or Jegs private label parts are meant to undercut the well known American names prices. They are usually a good copy, but may be foreign made and may be less quality. JMO. I Just bought a Jegs power valve installation tool. It won't fit some power valves or block offs. Have to enlarge the grip point a little bit. Bet it is foreign made and no quality check for fitment. I think you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's kinda the idea I was having. I know some of the JEGS and Summit brand items are good but some can be cheaply made or foreign. In the past, I've asked Summit who makes their brand fittings and hoses twice before and they won't or can't release that info. Kinda makes you wonder....

I'm just looking for ways to get better at bracket racing and figured a digital gauge would be a step in the right direction in order to be consistent as far as trying to get the water temp the same every time that I go out. My current gauges work fine, just figured accuracy might play a role in this game.

·
Registered
23,926 Posts
Also USA made .

V1-Series Gauges - VEI Systems

These are pretty nice . Shallow mount and billet aluminum housing . Ive used their AFR and boost gauges for over 10 years now .

The bar graphs are removable . Cant remember if you have to tell them you dont want the graph or if its user removable .

·
Registered
298 Posts
Has anyone used the five gauge digital dash from Intellitronics? USA made they say.
My kid wants it for his Ford mini truck

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a intelitetronics speedo and jegs brand oil pressure, water temp and trans temp. Gets real annoying when the LEDs start burning out. I'm looking to get back to regular autometer sweep gauges.

·
Registered
26,201 Posts
I used to live a few miles from the AutoMeter factory.
I wish I was more in cars back then.
That's all I buy.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I know you're looking for digital gauges but at least for water I'd consider a mechanical analog option. Especially nice when going rounds in warm weather. It always reads with no power needed so it's nice to poke your head in the car and see where you're sitting temp wise.

·
Registered
16,816 Posts
OP, people have been winning drag races/bracket races for many years with deadly consistent cars with good quality mechanical sweep gauges . Like 65StickStang above me said in post # 8, its nice to just take a peek at water temp when sitting in the pits. IMO spend your $ elsewhere

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
I'm a mechanical sweep fan, but I will say the worst thing you can do is mix analog and digital... when you scan the pannel going from looking at one to the other, it screws up your mental processing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts