Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, Brand new Digital 7, one kit(plate), electric shift solenoid,598 ci, and pg tranny. Launch rpm is 3500, shift point is set at 7200! Made two motor passes and the car worked fine. Left at 3500 and shifted at 7200! Pulled up launch history and this was proven! Turned the nitrous on, and left at 3500! However, the shift light on the tach came on which was set at 7200, but it never shifted! It stayed in low gear and started banging the rev limiter at 8gs so he lifted! Got back and pulled the run on the lap top and according to the launch history, it left at 3500 like it was supposed to, but the graph never got above 5400 rpms! I know the motor got over 5400 because of the tach playback, shift light, and rev limiter! Im guessing that is why it didnt shift because the box actually never saw 7200! What in the world would cause this? Im kind of at a loss! The only thing I can thing of is we are running a 12volt system with two red tops and maybe it was some type of major amp draw that didnt allow the box to function! Hell i dont know! Any thoughts or opinions would greatly be appreciated! As of right now we are having to replace a rod and a hole in the pan due to this incident :smt093

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its the biondo electric spring loaded solenoid! Yes it is where the 12v is taken away is when its said to shift!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Its actually wired using two 5 pin relays beacuse the first time out it was burning up switches while the car was running!using the other relay to hold the amps. Worked fine in the pits, but once car was running and headed to burnout box it wouldnt hold in low, it would burn the switch up! But its fine now and worked good on a couple motor passes!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No charging system! Two red top optimas! I Think that might be the issue! What you think, add a alternator or go to 16v system? Or 16v and alternator?

·
TURBOBULLET.COM BITCHES!
6,046 Posts
I use the window switch output which supplies ground.. Just set the low side all the way down, and the high side at your shift point. When it reaches your shift point it'll lose ground and the solenoid will let go. This has worked flawless for me.

If your idle is below 800 it'll throw it in 2nd down low, but mine isn't anywhere near that low.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I use the window switch output which supplies ground.. Just set the low side all the way down, and the high side at your shift point. When it reaches your shift point it'll lose ground and the solenoid will let go. This has worked flawless for me.

If your idle is below 800 it'll throw it in 2nd down low, but mine isn't anywhere near that low.
You have to be careful setting it to low on the low side or when you do a burnout if it reaches shift point it will actually not let the box reset and it will keep the ground applied because it never gets low enough to see a shift occured and it will still be trying to shift. I always set it 300 lower than the shift so the box resets for the next shift.

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
You have to be careful setting it to low on the low side or when you do a burnout if it reaches shift point it will actually not let the box reset and it will keep the ground applied because it never gets low enough to see a shift occured and it will still be trying to shift. I always set it 300 lower than the shift so the box resets for the next shift.
Same here

1 - 11 of 11 Posts