Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
no hold and go? I set the time for 3 seconds, did a timer test when I went wot and solenoid turned on, let off throttle and went back to wot and had to wait for 3 second delay again not good. How the hell can anybody use this timer if you run into a traction issue and have to peddle the car? So I took it out and rewired it on a button.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
I have a spaghetti mender 4 system timer that uses digi set timers and it has a switch you can use to have the timers reset or resume where they were when you lifted. If you use resume then you can get all systems coming on at once. If you just use a single digi set you'll have to devise a system to not reset the timer when you lift.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What I have is a very simple 2 noid system. The first stage is a direct wot on from the hit. The second stage will be on the digi. What does the spaghetti kit have that will make the digi continue where I left off?

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Not sure how it is designed, it is all in a big epoxy filled block that holds the digi set timers. Go to the Spaghetti Menders web site and you can see it. You could use the digi set timer to engage a relay that holds itself on to energize the 2nd stage or use a N/C set of contacts on a relay and let the digiset de activate the relay. All sorts of possible options. Try asking that question. You could also look at other ways to engage that 2nd stage not using what you have.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
If you have to lift its over anyway so why even try just abort the run
This and most who use digisets, use them with minimal time delays( ie, not 3 seconds)

Also, if you have to peddle the car/bike and everything comes right back on when you activate the nitrous again, consider yourself done anyway.. That shit is gonna light the tire(s) up..

Jay

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This and most who use digisets, use them with minimal time delays( ie, not 3 seconds)

Also, if you have to peddle the car/bike and everything comes right back on when you activate the nitrous again, consider yourself done anyway.. That shit is gonna light the tire(s) up..

Jay
I agree I pulled it off the bike before I ever went to the track. I split the starter button with a dual pole switch for nitrous activation.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Hell if YOU have to lift on a run the pass is over , lift and coast!!! most cars climb walls on the second pedal!!!!
Frank

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
How did you have it wired with the digiset? You should be able to take the activated side of the button and tie it into #3 on the digiset (or that wire on your relay) if its wired the way most wire them.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How did you have it wired with the digiset? You should be able to take the activated side of the button and tie it into #3 on the digiset (or that wire on your relay) if its wired the way most wire them.
It was wired to the wot switch to the timer to the relay and then noid. I removed the timer and just wired in the button for immediate activation.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts