Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
depends on application and how much you want to spray, if you are spraying alot the crossbar wins everytime, due to pressure drop in the diffuser,

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I had both. I found the diffuser freezing up a TON when spray over 300 threw testing at my place. (ran fine at the track with 300ish) These are just my finding and thoughts. I didnt want to spray anymore then that although many do with that plate. Lots of shit trying to come out of a small disc the size of a quarter. Testing a crossplate the same way had NO freezing at all. testing at the track my new plate from Monte blew the stock diffuser way. I,ve been working on cleaning the tune up alot since then before we hit it with more. I would say also its up to you and your goals but you know how that goes.........I dont personal know a racer who wanted to go slower on NOS. CROSSBAR= A+

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Do you have any more info on this? I am interested. Any proven results?

Personal results everybody is different, i had a difusser and sold it to get a cross bar style plate i was using a cloverleaf intake and thought the diffuser would be great, it worked really well up to about 250. But i am sure steve or one of the NOS guys have flowed these plates with bigger tune ups i just could not get it to work

·
Trevor Stripling
1,519 Posts
Everybody has an opinion, but the diffuser is without a doubt, ONE BAD DUDE. We went 4.99 @ 145 @ 3400 lbs on a single kit on a stock suspension leaf spring car. That record still stands after more than a year in a class that allows foggers. Since they changed the rules and handicapped the plate to a point that it can't be competitive. If I had my choice the fogger would be capped off and the plate would flowing my nitrous.

Trevor

·
"Made" Member
2,860 Posts
Whats the biggest hp level you ever put thru your diffusor trevor?

Everybody has an opinion, but the diffuser is without a doubt, ONE BAD DUDE. We went 4.99 @ 145 @ 3400 lbs on a single kit on a stock suspension leaf spring car. That record still stands after more than a year in a class that allows foggers. Since they changed the rules and handicapped the plate to a point that it can't be competitive. If I had my choice the fogger would be capped off and the plate would flowing my nitrous.

Trevor

·
Registered
957 Posts
I wish I had never sold my Diffuser plate. I went with a fogger and really can't say I gained anything from it. I had no problems with the Diffuser, 350 shot on a regular basis and 450 on occasion.

·
"Made" Member
2,860 Posts
How much more did you pick up going from 350 to 450?

I wish I had never sold my Diffuser plate. I went with a fogger and really can't say I gained anything from it. I had no problems with the Diffuser, 350 shot on a regular basis and 450 on occasion.

·
Trevor Stripling
1,519 Posts
Exactly, I don't really know. We moved jet spreads and pressures around a bunch. My guess is it took 500 to move the 3400 lbs that fast. I think we could have went high 4.80s with that plate. I still have it and ain't quite sure if I might put it back on, especially if someone wants to bring a cross bar to town......

Trevor

Whats the biggest hp level you ever put thru your diffusor trevor?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Ive had some big stuff in my diffuser plate,but anything bigger than 83s in 1 and 94s in 2 didnt realy pick up much. I am not sure if it is the plate that is the hold back, or if I just didnt get a nice clean tune on the bigger stuff.

·
"Made" Member
2,860 Posts
Put that fucker in a box and send it to me! I wanna try it out. :) j/k I think im gonna alter my two stage now. :)

Exactly, I don't really know. We moved jet spreads and pressures around a bunch. My guess is it took 500 to move the 3400 lbs that fast. I think we could have went high 4.80s with that plate. I still have it and ain't quite sure if I might put it back on, especially if someone wants to bring a cross bar to town......

Trevor

·
Super Moderator
12,191 Posts
whats your thoughts on this? which is better and why?
I prefer the our cross bar over a diffuser anytime.. From our set ups of either we can flow more nitrous and or fuel thru the cross bar then a diffuser.

The CB also flows more evenly on the fuel side and you don't have to chase the bigger tunes with higher fuel pressure.

As far as the plate freezing on the the diffuser, I think all's Ray saw was the fact that the diffuser is more of a solid plate it condensed more water to frost on the out side of it. Where the CB doesn't have any material to do this. In the big picture though, it means nothing.. ;) Thanks, SJ

·
I kill parts
10,649 Posts
I have no experience with a crossbar to comment, though I have read Steve & Monty's thoughts and can understand why it *should* be better for larger kits, especially when being run as two stages.

We have hit our single stage diffuser very hard, and it's been a really good piece. BBC with a 4500 big brodie with the "clover" in the top. We've run as much as a .119 pill, though my cleanest tune was a .117n/.102f with 5.5psi flowing. - Started with an 82/73 tune up, then jumped to a 110/102 and started adding spray to clean it up(was fat, even @ 5.5 flowing not the stupid high reccomendation). We started upping the nitrous pill in .002 increments and the car was responding with .05-.07 per change and around 1mph. Total mph difference between the 110 and the 119 was 4-5mph, though I'm sure it would have liked a steeper gear at that point.

·
The nitrous guy
7,189 Posts
Given the same jetting, a crossbar, flows more nitrous than the Diffuser, every time. Track testing, also shows the crossbar, faster than the diffuser with the same nitrous jets, on the same car. Done it numerous times. As far as what Ray saw, I have seen similar stuff on my bench and the plate did actually freeze up partially. When doing repeated tests, it would blow as much nitrous up, as it did down. Hit it with a propane torch for a second and the flow went back to normal. So while I won't say it freezes totally up, I do think some crystals can form in there, that seriously effect the flow. Whether it would do it on a warm, running engine, doubt it.

Monte

·
Registered
2,427 Posts

·
Trevor Stripling
1,519 Posts
The diffusor is. At least in Texas it is.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts