Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are any companies bottles or valves better than anothers companies? I have older NOS bottles and have an opprotunity to buy a couple of speedtech bottles and am wondering if there is any beefit to buying them.

·
Tony McKellar
4,812 Posts
I think the bottles are pretty much the same,the valves are where the differences lie,

·
Registered
397 Posts
Depends on your application - if you are using one system then the valve means nothing.
If you are going to try to spray a few large systems then I would go with the better valves.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well currently I have one system, but i am planning on adding a second kit in the near future. The reason I am asking is because i own five of the nos bottles . If I have to buy new bottles because of valves I need to start somewhere.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I and my friends have run 2 systems - one 28/32 one 24/28 and they all had the normal valves. Sorry but anyone telling you need the super high flow valves is trying to sel you something.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I and my friends have run 2 systems - one 28/32 one 24/28 and they all had the normal valves. Sorry but anyone telling you need the super high flow valves is trying to sel you something.

are you saying you run both systems one one bottle or does each system have its own bottle, that would make alot of difference

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
run the bottles in tandem there is less pressure drop in the 2 bottles ..i have 3 speedteck bottles and 2 newer high flow valve nos bottles no difference for me but i havent hit the car verry hard except on the dyno as of now ..

·
Registered
397 Posts
I run 2 systems on 1 bottle. The bottle is full every pass and I only use 24/28 and 28/32 tune ups. If you are going to go really big on the tuneup then i can see a 15lb or two 10's.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Fred You need not worry about bottles and valving... You only under NOS power just over 2 seconds and thats nill compared to these 6 to 10 second drag cars that will try to make 2 to 3 passes on a single bottle.....
Scott

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Fred You need not worry about bottles and valving... You only under NOS power just over 2 seconds and thats nill compared to these 6 to 10 second drag cars that will try to make 2 to 3 passes on a single bottle.....
Scott
Will one of my NOS bottles support a 2 stage setup at 350 on the first stage and 300 on the second stage?
I change bottles after a pass right now and will do that with the second stage as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts