Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about skipping the 8.5 cert and going to a 25.5. My question is besides the funny car cage, what else is need to get a 25.5 cert. is there any bars under the car that need to be added?
Thanks for any and all info.
Kevin

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
Thanks guys, i was planning on buying the sfi book. Just curious on how many extra bars?
Kevin
door x's, funny car cage, roof diagonal, rocker bars, "drivers seat bar" underneath, rear crossmember, front crossmember, additional underneath diagonals if the floor is cut out, roof gussets... i think thats most of them

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's my 70 plymouth gtx stock floors and ladder bar rear suspension and S&W stock style rear frame rails. Would like to put the back seat in the car, i like the look of a stock dash and interior.
Kevin

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
If you want a useable rear seat, 25.5 won't work. Far too many tubes between the main hoop, rear down and diagonals and so forth.

Stock dash with a dash bar is tough as well. You can try to go behind it, but for me that required a fiberglass stock replacement dash. In front makes removing the dash all but impossible.

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
If you want a useable rear seat, 25.5 won't work. Far too many tubes between the main hoop, rear down and diagonals and so forth.

Stock dash with a dash bar is tough as well. You can try to go behind it, but for me that required a fiberglass stock replacement dash. In front makes removing the dash all but impossible.
not true on my nova. the dash bar is behind the stock dash tucked up underneath, invisible unless u crawl underneath the dash. and it has full and complete back seat. yes absolutely there are some bars in the back seat area but everything is high and drops through the the package tray area. is it usuable? kinda.. is it practical for adults and a road trip or cimbing in and out? no way. but it can be done and looks cool as hell and thats what i wanted, the stockest looking interior but all the bars and safety stuff in place. i'd post pic but dont have any of back seat area.

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
My hats off to ya, that was no easy task. Looks great though!
thanks but cant take the credit for the stuff behind the main hoop, my buddy and i did the 25.5 upgrade on an 8.50 cage after i bought the car though. one day i will get a pic of back seat area. it actually works pretty good for kids cuz they can climb thru the area between the front seats since there is no seat brace bar blocking

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
not true on my nova. the dash bar is behind the stock dash tucked up underneath, invisible unless u crawl underneath the dash. and it has full and complete back seat. yes absolutely there are some bars in the back seat area but everything is high and drops through the the package tray area. is it usuable? kinda.. is it practical for adults and a road trip or cimbing in and out? no way. but it can be done and looks cool as hell and thats what i wanted, the stockest looking interior but all the bars and safety stuff in place. i'd post pic but dont have any of back seat area.

That is exactly what i would like, a little more work than usuall but in the end it will be worth it. To me anyway, like that factory interior look. Car looks sweet!
Kevin

·
Confused Racer
43,392 Posts
here is my 25.5 dart. dash bar is behind the dash . stock floor and firewall so it has the least amount of bars the spec allows:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just wondering what bars exactly exactly have to be under the floor. I have stock floors and can bars 6A,6B,6C be left out and run 2A to the torsion bar crossmember?
Bare with me there will be a lot more questions.
Kevin

·
7.86 @ 8800DA 3365lb 275s
4,502 Posts
Just wondering what bars exactly exactly have to be under the floor. I have stock floors and can bars 6A,6B,6C be left out and run 2A to the torsion bar crossmember?
Bare with me there will be a lot more questions.
Kevin
for the floor you will need bar #'s 1, 2A, 6A, B, C, and 9 you can run the 2A bars to the tortion bar X-member but will still need the others.

and if you have subframe connectors in say 2 x 2 x.065 wall or better them can count as your 2A bars

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.