Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a cat 3126 and looking for the best way to make it smoke.
Isn't black smoke just unburned diesel fuel.

What about propane injection
- or just adding fuel but adding it like a nitrous kit does on a gas setup but without the nitrous, such as auxiliary fuel system and a nos fuel cylinoid.
Lol I'm no diesel guy as you can tell lol.
Any ideahs.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
More fuel.

·
Cowboy up
1,690 Posts
What vehicle is this engine in? Careful with how much you fuel it, you can wash cylinders with too much or scorch pistons.

·
Registered
632 Posts
lol, yup. Super cheap and guaranteed to work, assuming he doesn't suck the filter. If he sucks the filter chances are it's gonna smoke pretty good too.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Another sure fire way to make smoke.....

1. Remove oil feed line from turbo.
2. Plumb turbo oil feed line to turbo inlet.
3. Don't forget to cap off the oil line fitting at the turbo. You won't need it anyway in about 5 minutes after you fire the motor up.
4. Start motor.
5. Enjoy your smoke.

Edit: Another great benefit of this mod is oil changes are no longer neccessary.

·
Registered
561 Posts
"rolling coal" or making your truck smoke for no reason, is looked down upon. It's a kid thing.

Basically, when it's burning clean, it's got enough air for the available fuel. You tune off smoke.

More smoke = more fuel, and no more air= higher EGTs.

Itll probably make more power, but there's a point.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well there is no more mods or performance stuf I can do to it. It has a chip. I am just gettin board with it it's not fast lol.
Just looking to play with it that's all.

And for the smart ass comments, fuck you.

·
Registered
632 Posts
And for the smart ass comments, fuck you.
Don't be a douchebag and ask how to roll coal. It's fucksticks like you that has the EPA up the ass of the diesel performance industry.

If you're just trollin, fine.

If you really want more power out of the thing, figure out how to do it cleanly. Get some supporting mods on the thing then get more air to it and more injector in it.

·
Which is more disturbed?
10,577 Posts
The ops mother should punch him in the face.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Gee. Yeah. You sure got me there. I sure am humbled now. I'm glad you straighted me out there. Whew! Your insight on the condition of my different projects is impressive as well.

In case you haven't noticed, you aren't getting flood of replies on how to "blow more smoke". Maybe that alone should tell you something.

In case you missed it, I gave you the only true pointer you've recieved, and likely the only one you'll get since that's really all there is to do with that particular motor beyond what you've already done.
If you really want more power out of the thing, figure out how to do it cleanly. Get some supporting mods on the thing then get more air to it and more injector in it.
Hint: HT570 sticks work in these things. Then all you gotta do is upgrade the turbo. Simple. Don't expect the motor to last too long though. It's already on the clock if you have it turned up with that tuner much. But then again, that's probably not the answer you want. Bye...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Put an exhaust cut out in the intercooler plumbing. Guaranteed to create smoke, high egt's, and destroy the great things about having a diesel in a large rig.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.