Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
I love my 2005 2WD Crew Cab 2500HD Duramax, even though the price of diesel is up there it pulls like a dream and hasn't had any maintenance issues. 65,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I got rid of an 06 d max, never had a moments problem, was the 4th d max equiped truck I"ve bought new, JUST bought an 02 d max w 180000 on the clock , and the dealer put 1 injector in it under warranty.. { they have had some injector issues in earlyer d max"s} the 08 d max is OVER smog equipped.. buy an early 07 or be prepared for the " NO POWER" zone !!!!!!! you can take all the pollution equipment off, reprogram it to think it"s an lbz with a quadzilla { 06 360hp motor} an theywork KILLER !!! but will pop your warranty .. don"t know much on the fords , the dodges either.. just my 2 cents..

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
Anyone have an 07 with the 6 speed allison?

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I have an 07 LBZ Dmax, best driving diesel pickup I have ever been in. Also has enough power where I dont even want to fool with a programmer, thing will pull a house down and drives like a cadillac. Not sure if the 6 speed really helps anything over the five, mileage on these is a little lower since they upped the power and added more emissions, but its better on mileage than the '08s with the DPF.

Now is a great time to be in the market for one, especially used, price is way down around here on them.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I'd get a pre DPF truck no matter what, their mileage is definately superior to the new trucks. And power is equal. If you choose to get a truck thats a couple years old (you can find em pretty easy now that fuel went up) I'd look at the duramax and the cummins. The 6.0 leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and obviously Ford's as well as it was the shortest diesel production run in their history and one of the biggest warranty costs per run in ther history as well. Even caused a law suit between ford and international.
If your looking at 4wd the dodge and Ford do have the better heavy duty front suspension setup as well in the 4wd units.

·
Registered
471 Posts
02 Duramax/Allison 105,000 miles no problems other than the ones I created myself. 570 RWHP, 12.75 @109 mph daily driver 17 mpg around town, 22 mpg highway. Has been to FL more times than I can remember now, unloaded and towing. Rides so nice I have to be careful not to fall asleep when driving long distances.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
I have an 07 Crew 4x4 (classic) with D'max (LBZ) / 6 speed Ally.
I love the truck. I "was" a little disappointed in my mileage compared to my 05 D'max / 5 speed. However, a few weeks ago, I put on an Edge Juice box w/Attitude. I get 19 all the time, 17 with my open trailer. "If" I tone it down and drive about 65-67, I get 21-22mpg - yes that is hand figured and adjusted for my 285's.

I bought the Edge used from my neighbor, he upgraded to some 350hp bullshit thingy. When he had it he sent it back to Edge (now MSD) and paid extra to have a 6th setting (HOT). I tried it once.....and holy phuckin shit! The power was amazing!! But....I dont want it to eat a trans and I dont have the intake/exhaust to support it. I drive it in (3) or (4) ....(gets best mileage) and bump it to (5) if someone is messing with me.

·
T/S 368E
35,310 Posts

I have 2 of the F word, 7.3's. Great trucks actually, as much as I hate to admit it. I would rather have Chevy,
but get great deals from a neighbor, so I went ford. As mentioned, 6.0 is junk supposedly.
So I'm keeping these until it get's worked out.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the replys........I have a new GMC loaded loaded loaded 2500HD that gets about 12 to 13 MPG average...Thats not what I was told I was going to get.more like 17 etc... I want a dually diesel and was curious what you guys have....the early diesels are amazing.......it looks like the pre smog 05/06 might be better.. I wondered about that cummins engine...real truck engine? But does it have the power?

·
Registered
282 Posts
i have had two dodge 2500 sports full load one 05 with 5.9 cummins and my 07 with 6.7 with 6 spd both were awesome trucks no issues at all! approx 22mpg depends how you drive and what your pulling

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
the fords have the most room in a crew cab. but like mentioned before don't buy the 6.0l injector eater because they are nothing but problems. if your looking to play I say get the cummins because you can't kill em. don't know much about the d-max

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
I have an 03 F250 crew cab short box w/the 7.3 auto 4x4 with a 4" lift 35" BFG mud terrains i have 97,000 on it now. The only issues I had were due to my stupidity. Burt up a turbo and cooked the tranny (Hauling with the chip set on kill)
18mpg in town

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I have owned an 03 duramax and a 7.3 ford. I really like both but I am a diehard bowtie guy. I bought the 7.3 truck with 190k on it because it was cheap and it has been very dependable and gets better fuel milage than my d max did. Avoid the 6.0 ford and all of the new stuff with the regen systems. The 6.4 ford get the worst mileage of any diesel on the planet.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts