Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Huge Member
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see gas prices have been dropping quite a bit around here but diesel has not dropped a penny in forever. Whats the scoop? Is diesel set to come down as well at some point? Wish I understood how this fuel pricing stuff works but I don't.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Retailers are holding.it up to make thier profit margins bigger. Theyll tell you its because production has shifted to HHO which uses the same base stock as diesel.

Saw gas for 2.99 today in SC.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
81,281 Posts
4.05 4.15 RANGE UP HERE

·
Huge Member
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Best I have sen here is $3.89 . We have Giant Eagle food stores here and when you shop there they give you a discount towards fuel at Circle K gas stations. Thankfully we buy enough food to get a $ .30 discount per gallon every couple of weeks.

·
Beer makes me pee
9,749 Posts
paid 3.18 for gas diesel is still at 3.56 I think that gas reacts quicker because they sell a lot more of it. Diesel prices move really slow. Except going up of course. ;)

·
Registered
592 Posts
I paid 3.99 for diesel today, gas was 3.89 and that was in the central valley, over in San Jose it's 4.29 for diesel and gas was 4.15

·
Registered
773 Posts
cheapest gas i have seen is 3.29 across from my station, cheapest diesel i have filled up with is 3.65 here in Northern NJ

·
3,084 Posts
here its $3.15 for gas, Diesel is $3.76 and holding.
For most people buying Diesel its hard for them to change their driving habits or requiremnets. I'm sure someone smarter than me has figured that out as well...

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
Paid $3.59 for fuel here this past Thursday. It's in the $3.59-3.70 range around north MS right now.

·
Registered
811 Posts
4.15 for credit and 4.05 for cash in NY for diesel and 3.94 (credit) and 3.84 (cash). Diesel is cheaper to manufacturer because the refining process is cheaper but the problem in US with diesel pricing is that most of it is shipped to Europe and Japan because the manufacturers can get more money for it. Another issue is that diesel production gets reduced when the refinery has to other refining processes. So gasoline production remains and diesel reduced, leading to another reason pricing has gone higher.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Simple, when gas prices skyrocket people stay home, carpool more, limit travel. But, the big rigs, trains, and almost every form of product delivery doesn't slow down. So they can make more from diesel, and that cost gets filtered down to everyone.

Edit, 4.09 ish cash around here. Unless of course you run across one of our local "Pilot" stations where their still hitting you with $4.20's

1 - 20 of 24 Posts