Votes: 23 13.3%
  • I'm too young to even understand this poll

Votes: 2 1.2%
1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
26,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the stupid mistakes I made was not taking it.
Obviously I had no idea how important typing would be.

Thinking about it, it was probably full of hot babes so that's another fuckup...

This is probably for us older guys, I have no idea what the fuck goes on now...

·
Registered
9,276 Posts
Yup. I ditched the ten-key bullshit as soon as I was out of class but I get by OK. If I need more than 55-60 words per minute, I'll find someone with tits.

·
DamCoonass
15,179 Posts
Yse I ddi but inddint do to wlle so I quti.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Yep. But now with talk to text it was a bit useless.

·
Registered
26,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup. I ditched the ten-key bullshit as soon as I was out of class but I get by OK. If I need more than 55-60 words per minute, I'll find someone with tits.
It's bizarre, back then it was assumed that only secretaries need to type.

Which brings up another point... do "secretaries" exist now or are they all "assistants"?

·
Banned
14,510 Posts
Yessir.

1 The girl next to me had arms hairier than a gorilla.

2 I would not have passed except I could draw so I made a bunch of posters.

Never even hit 20 wpm.

·
Banned
14,510 Posts
Once the teacher didnt show up and I took the class over and ended up fucking this tall girl with a cute name. I used to be a hot shit, I don't know what happened to my life.

·
Registered
26,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Once the teacher didnt show up and I took the class over and ended up fucking this tall girl with a cute name. I used to be a hot shit, I don't know what happened to my life.
Tall girls float my boat.
I don't know why.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
No I didn't and wish I would have, but too late to worry about it now. I graduated in 81 and back then they had some guy come in and do a presentation on computers and how great of a career it would be. They were the size of refrigerators and had big reals on them. The guys working on them had white lab coats and black rimmed glasses. We all thought no way did we want to have a geek job like that. We all walked out of that laughing at the one guy who wanted to go into computers. He went on and ended up with a pretty good job, clean always inside in the ac. Us smart guys went into automotive fields or construction and did ok but would have been better off if we would have went into computers back then.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I’m 29, and took it in Jr High. I also took a computer class in high school, but it went a little further than typing. Some computer nerds downloaded games to the computers, so we typically finished our work quickly and then played games.

·
Registered
26,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No I didn't and wish I would have, but too late to worry about it now. I graduated in 81 and back then they had some guy come in and do a presentation on computers and how great of a career it would be. They were the size of refrigerators and had big reals on them. The guys working on them had white lab coats and black rimmed glasses. We all thought no way did we want to have a geek job like that. We all walked out of that laughing at the one guy who wanted to go into computers. He went on and ended up with a pretty good job, clean always inside in the ac. Us smart guys went into automotive fields or construction and did ok but would have been better off if we would have went into computers back then.
That is just outstanding!
I graduated in '78 and never heard of a computer.
I took a few courses (on cards) in college.
I wouldn't take COBOL 'cause I saw the guys taking it had to carry around a box full of cards.
It looked like too much to type and those cards weren't cheap in the school book store!

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
80,383 Posts
I DID IN MIDDLE SCHOOL..

1 - 20 of 134 Posts