Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tis the season! YUM! Once you have this right out of the smoke house...you're ruined for life eating it cold....

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
My step-dad's family are off the boat Croatians and they smoke everything. All sorts of sausages and cheeses...Awesome stuff.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
looks killer

this is a hot smoke correct?
Yes, cold smoking is a liability in my Dad's business...so everything is done by the book. I know some will argue this, but you simply have to get to 140*+ to kill bacteria.

This was a bit of a new recipe, I wasn't overly impressed but the masses really seem to like it. It was good, but not "great" in my opinion.

·
Bovine Scatologist
17,834 Posts
Yes, cold smoking is a liability in my Dad's business...so everything is done by the book. I know some will argue this, but you simply have to get to 140*+ to kill bacteria.

This was a bit of a new recipe, I wasn't overly impressed but the masses really seem to like it. It was good, but not "great" in my opinion.

If you use proper cure (prague powder, etc), then the bacteria would not be an issue, right?

I have never understood this. My family has made sausage every year since I was born and we have NEVER hot smoked anything. the meat temps may get up to 100 Deg F, maybe...

·
Premium Member
102,312 Posts
Uh am I missing something here?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts