Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Did NHRA ever add remote kill/parachute switch for crew chief??

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Butcher 
#1 ·

Not the deal at the big end, or burst panel.
A transmitter held by a crew chief or ?? that could kill the car & throw the chutes if they get too squirrelly??

IIRC that was mentioned a few years ago, I think even before the big end, burst panel deal??

#5 ·

Thanks for the relies.
Since I don't watch NHRA since the stupid playoff's started I must have missed it.

I know a buddy around here had something in his bracket car.
His son could turn on a light if his opponent broke so he didn't break out.
It didn't effect the car, just a big light.
That was long before everyone had a radio.

#8 ·

I agree 100%.
I was watching some Australian events today, and there were several guys that crashed, because we do dumb things,
and a crew chief, team owner might have had a better view, perspective??
I've done stupid things over the years that I absolutely should have aborted!!!

Today I was proven right about the lift it light, there was at least 5-6 break outs at Indy with the other car broke or was out of the groove!!!
That little light would have won those rounds, instead of handing the guy a win.

#9 ·
That's true. However, then you're not the only person driving your car. You are essentially driving by committee. Many people would view that as an unfair advantage. You could do the same thing with a radio, so it would be difficult to outlaw something like that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.